Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

4Hawks Range Extender

Reaction score
I just bit the bullet and ordered the 4Hawks Raptor SR Range Extender from Amazon...Apparently, it was the last one in stock at SkyDrones because Amazon now says it is not in stock. But the page says it is for the "Yuneec Typhoon H-Tornado H920.

Crap, now I don't know if I got the right one or not for my Q500 4K? Anybody know if I screwed up or not?

Amazon shows it as "Shipped" within a minute or so...:(
TIA

TW

UPDATE: I tried to get hold of the sellers (Skydronesusa.com). I tried every option available on their phone system and was unable to speak with anyone. I finally had one extension answered with a voice mail message and left my info for them to call me back...I am pretty sure the one I ordered is not the correct one, unless they have the same one listed for the Q500 and the H...

I just got off the phone with Ken at Skydrones and apparently they had good flying weather for the first time in a long time, with snow expected tomorrow. Which explains their non-availability this morning, I guess. Since I tried to cancel the order almost immediately, he has graciously offered to ship me out a ITELITE for the Q500 4K, give me a pre-paid return shipping label.

So THANK YOU SKY DRONES!

Last edited:
I just bit the bullet and ordered the 4Hawks Raptor SR Range Extender from Amazon...Apparently, it was the last one in stock at SkyDrones because Amazon now says it is not in stock. But the page says it is for the "Yuneec Typhoon H-Tornado H920.

Crap, now I don't know if I got the right one or not for my Q500 4K? Anybody know if I screwed up or not?

Amazon shows it as "Shipped" within a minute or so...:(
TIA

TW

UPDATE: I tried to get hold of the sellers (Skydronesusa.com). I tried every option available on their phone system and was unable to speak with anyone. I finally had one extension answered with a voice mail message and left my info for them to call me back...I am pretty sure the one I ordered is not the correct one, unless they have the same one listed for the Q500 and the H...
Yeah, the one you ordered is for the ST16. It would be better to find the one for the ST10 because the mount is different. Can you just cancel the order through Amazon?

Reactions: Texas_Willie
Not only that you need to add the connectors to the ST10 so you can hook up the Raptor, this means you need to take apart the tx controller and remove the internal antennas and add the external connectors.
Amazon is pretty good about returns. I would also try and cancel the order. It might say shipped but sometimes it does not get shipped right away.

Thanks Guys, I have done all of the above...Agustine I have never let not knowing what I am doing from stopping me from anything...LOL...I am fairly confident I can make the necessary modifications, even if I have to destroy the ST10+ to do it! :p

Its not to hard. I have done it several times and the ST10 is a easy one to do. If you have no luck with a return and you are going to need the cables for the install get a hold of Adrian Metelica (CEO) from 4Hawks and he will fix you up with what you need. Great guy and always willing to help out.

Thanks for the info. I have no doubt that I can get my money back, Amazon has always been good about these kinds of issues in the past and I have no reason to think they won't this time.

However, I am really disappointed with SkyDrones though, unless somebody died (Heaven Forbid) you would think they would have returned my calls.

2:15 pm Ken @ Sky Drones came through for me so Thanks A LOT!

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace