Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

6 months since last flight

Reaction score
Took my Q500 out for a flight for the first time in 6 months or so.
Charged batteries and took drone outside.
Tried the startup sequence and the controller will collect satellites but drone will not.
Light on bottom is flashing red slowly and constantly. The GPS on the controller was of. Turned on and still nothing.
The controller screen says GPS disabled.
Is the issue due to not using for too long a time?
It has never given me an issue on anything. It has always flown perfectly.
Any help. Please

I already answered my own questions. By inserting the battery for half hour or so. Re tried startup sequence and. ALL GOOD.
Such a beautiful and graceful Bird.
Now I don't want to sell her. LOL

It sounds like the GPS needed to update the ephemeris. That process takes at least 12.5 minutes from a cold start which after 6 months would be the case.
33F70164-87F1-4825-9C7B-6D2CB4A52EED.jpeg
Also note the battery at the bottom left of the photo. This allows the ephemeris to be retained for a length of time. After months of sitting idle the battery discharged and takes a long time to charge up again. It is a good idea to take the drone and power it up at least once every 30 days to allow this battery to charge. 30 minutes sitting idle is enough in most cases.

Reactions: 7cyclops
Yes. You are correct. As I found out after just leaving the battery in it for half hour or so was enough to correct the issue.
Thank you for the quick response.
Happy New Year and happier flying.
My Q is a poster child for the the Q500.
It has flown flawlessly since she came out of her box new.

It sounds like the GPS needed to update the ephemeris. That process takes at least 12.5 minutes from a cold start which after 6 months would be the case.
View attachment 27348
Also note the battery at the bottom left of the photo. This allows the ephemeris to be retained for a length of time. After months of sitting idle the battery discharged and takes a long time to charge up again. It is a good idea to take the drone and power it up at least once every 30 days to allow this battery to charge. 30 minutes sitting idle is enough in most cases.
Just a question about this battery (that I think is present into TH too: does it need to be replaced, i.e. after few years?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33