Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A rather long and painful edit.

Steve Carr

Missed Approach
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Using PowerDirector16.
When I started the edit of this video things went well until I added the sound. I soon discovered that the picture frames on the timeline did not match what was being displayed on the playback. The more I tried to make corrections, the worse it became and the whole process would slow to a crawl. If I rendered and then brought the mp4 back into the program it worked fine until I added more sound files. The whole experience was a nightmare for my novice skill set.

After the seventh attempt in as many days and several hours I finally raised the white flag and just produced it with flaws. Methinks I need to find a better behaved editing program.
And thanks to @Ty Pilot for guidance during the process.

What flaws are you talkin'bout? That is nothing less that incredible and stunning and amazing.

...Never mind, I don't want to know what you think are flaws, that would spoil it.

Reactions: Docdor
A very nice vid, @Steve Carr . Dramatic shots. Lovely. I like how you incorporated the sound of the rushing water in places. Did you record those sounds yourself?

Did you record those sounds yourself?
Thank you all for your comments.
I tried to record sound with my phone but it was unusable. Using downloaded sound clips was the alternative. Each required several adjustments to taper the volume/length. Adding them into PD16 made it almost impossible to get the proper timing. The anomalies produced are evident in several places.

Reactions: FlushVision
What kind of computer are you using to edit on? I had the same troubles until I upgraded my machine. I now have an intel i7 8700K processor, an Nvidia GTX 1081Ti graphics card and 32Gb of ram. Since the upgrade, I've had no trouble with sound/video synching , or things crawling to a standstill then crashing.

Reactions: Steve Carr
What kind of computer are you using to edit on? I had the same troubles until I upgraded my machine. I now have an intel i7 8700K processor, an Nvidia GTX 1081Ti graphics card and 32Gb of ram. Since the upgrade, I've had no trouble with sound/video synching , or things crawling to a standstill then crashing.
I agree about computer power.
I've been using PowerDirector for several years. For rivers, waterfalls, bird sounds, etc. I use my Sony camcorder to collect audio samples. Adding the on-location audio really adds a lot to the video. I don't have any problem syncing and tapering the sound track to suit the video. But, then, I do have a fast computer.
Beautiful video, BTW! Good, bold flights.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop