Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A teaser from Hawaii

RPR

Reaction score
Tips and lessons.

1) If you are going to bring your TH+ reserve a day just for flying your drone (because it takes FOREVER to startup a TH+)
The TH+ has to be checked in, I brought with me the original backpack, and reinforced the inside, and plastered lots of big fragile stickers plastered on the outside of the backpack. Batteries has to be hand carried, but the batteries is a bit disconcerting, due to its size, and TSA are accustomed to seeing intelligent DJI batteries, so bring a volt meter just to prove that your batteries are discharged to the exempted weight for travel. I am happy to report that it made the round trip to Hawaii in great condition.

2) Hawaii is a drone friendly state, but FAA rules still applies. Petting or touching the turtles has higher fines and you can find yourself in jail quickly than flying a drone in a national park or flying over a volcano. Wait!!!! Scratch off the FAA rules! Just exercise critical thinking and we Hawaiians follow a basic rule and that is Aloha..

I am set for an other trip to Hawaii in two weeks, and this time. Lesson learned 3) Don't bring anyone, with you if you are droning. LOL

Hawaii is on the bucket list. Thats a nice video, I would give anything to be able to have vistas like that to shoot. And thats some good info in regards to raveling with 'dumb' batteries.

Thank you, that was most enjoyable!

Reactions: RPR
Thank you, that was most enjoyable!

Part two is coming soon in two weeks! I think, I have all the logistics worked out and I've acquired all the necessary approvals that I needed, this was the hard due to me not being there, but I had friends and family, who helped me out, because I am not flying commercially under part 107. I will be going by myself this time around, accompanied by my cousins in the island to act as my visual aid. I have 22 locations that will take me at least 3 days to complete in filming, and 2 days of R&R.

Hawaii is on the bucket list. Thats a nice video, I would give anything to be able to have vistas like that to shoot. And thats some good info in regards to raveling with 'dumb' batteries.

TSA employees with a GED that relies on an LED light to gauge the percentage of voltage.. Seriously, we had to do a bit of math work. But this only happened in my port of origin, SJC. The battery themselves are suspiciously HUGE! as one TSA employee said, I just nod my head and smiled, because I did not feel like hanging around in the inspection counter answering to retarded questions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval