Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Alternative batteries for H520?

well this is just great venom has stopped offering yuneec h520 batteries they are no longer list on there site.
There's still plenty of sources out there and I have heard no clue of stopping production. The RTK is still on path and the stock batteries are still being produced. No telling how long some of them have been sitting in stock. Sounds like what we may run into is the availability of the 7900mah versions. There's only about 4 really good sellers at this point so slowly getting widdled down to eBay.

Oh, and buying directly from Gifi took a month. Pretty typical from over there considering what they are going through.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Has anyone else found a good source or US source for the H520 7900mAH? I have several places and they have been consistent good quality and performance, but since they appear to be manufactured and shipped from ASIA it usually takes a month to get here. I have learned to order accordingly and will be rid of the 5250's when this next batch gets here so there's a silver lining... Also, what would we expect the shelf life would be if I tried to create stock? I would definitely cycle them occasionally, but would like to get many of them while I can.

This is kind of ugly but it might work for use with an off the shelf lipo.

Reactions: arruntus
Hasn't this one been touted on here a while back? Obviously the GPS tower is rubbish compared to the Aussie version, but the battery conversion looks OK.

Looks like that is an option if getting H520 batteries goes south. I think I will just keep ordering them ahead of time every 3 months or so until I have two or three backups.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430