Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Altitude Change.

T

TomC9000

Just wondering if most of you change the locked altitude that the Typhoon H is set at or just leave it. I can't see any reason to change it except for a safety reason since it is easier to go up than to go down to get out of somethings way. Just wondering.

Just wondering if most of you change the locked altitude that the Typhoon H is set at or just leave it. I can't see any reason to change it except for a safety reason since it is easier to go up than to go down to get out of somethings way. Just wondering.

Tom,

Not sure if you are talking about the ceiling or the Return Home altitude.

For the ceiling, being cognizant of commercial regulations, I keep it at 400ft (U.S.).

As for return home, it all depends on one’s surroundings and mitigating potential conflicts with safe, successful flight.

I have 100 ft trees around me when I fly from my lake shore. But that’s not all I have to consider. My potential flight paths encounter the same type and age of trees with the added caveat of being on shoreline topography that may be anywhere from 10 to 50 feet above my takeoff point. Thus, to be safe, I make sure my return home is set to at least 160ft if not higher.

By the way, I have to consciously remember to check the RTH altitude after each update as I never use it. Only time was to test it when I first took delivery.

Hope this helps to answer your question.

Jeff

Reactions: belden and TomC9000
Thanks Jeff, yes I meant the ceiling. I talked to a few FAA officials, that it was OK to go over to avoid a accident. I don't usually flight that high anyway, but I have seen that it's easier to go up with speed than down without stalling. I also don't use RTH and catch my H.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my