Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Any artificial height limits for Tornado?

Reaction score
I just learned of 500m relative limit for Inspire 1 I was checking out.. it all looked great till hit that snag.

Understandable for urban/airspace considerations but not relevant to remote/mountain/cliffside scenarios I had in mind to capture..

One peak I was interested in comes straight out of the sea to 560m... I don't want to be stopped 60m short of peak and it's not exactly commercial airspace so I hate to be so artificially limited..

Can anyone give heads up Tornado in this scenario please?

Thank you..

I am shocked:
Maximum Flying Height (Absolute altitude): 4000m (13123 ft)
Maximum Flying Height (Relative altitude): 122m(400 ft)

The relative number is practically useless for mountain terrain.. what a waste it would be to have such a machine and hobble it like this.

That's the equivalent of having a Ferrari and then fitting it with a 2 speed automatic..

Reactions: grubmcneill
Thank you..

I am shocked:

Yes :eek: And I'm not sure, if the info are correct or only limited to US-Location

LINK -> Yuneec - Electric Aviation

I do not undestand, why yuneec have a realy bad info-support on there different web-sites.
Same for their manuals ...

• Maximum Flying Height(Absolute altitude)
    4000m (13124 ft)
  • Maximum Flying Height(Relative altitude)
    1000m (3281 ft)

People in higher elevations have gotten in contact with YUNEEC and can get special firmware that allows for higher altitute flights , However , they dont recommend it because of the thinner air and the effect it would probably have on the Q.. or any other flying machete !!!

Thank you..

I am shocked:
Maximum Flying Height (Absolute altitude): 4000m (13123 ft)
Maximum Flying Height (Relative altitude): 122m(400 ft)

The relative number is practically useless for mountain terrain.. what a waste it would be to have such a machine and hobble it like this.

That's the equivalent of having a Ferrari and then fitting it with a 2 speed automatic..

im pretty sure they can be overidden in the software

Ive seen so many people post on Q500 4k site that you can over ride the height limit by plugging into ur computer and changing it on the GUI for the transmitter. Is that really possible. Why put the limit in if it's so easy to overide?

I know its not from the Tornaeo, this direct from Q500 4K manual.....

IMPORTANT NOTE:
The maximum altitude is limited to 400 feet (122 meters) AGL (Above Ground Level) in both Smart and Angle (Pilot) Mode. And although this limit can be adjusted using the USB interface/programmer and software we strongly recommend using the default limit at all times.

For what it's worth Yuneec can take the 400' restriction away if you have a 333 exemption. In the USA the FAA sets the limits of 400' AGL. Seems logical that you would need the 333 to get this lifted. You might think, why would they lift it since the 333 says no higher than 400' BUT it's possible to get a COA from the FAA to fly higher than 400. If you don't have a 333 you can't get the UAS COA and Yuneec will not remove the restriction.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop