Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Any one had this problem

Reaction score
Just wanted to know if anyone else feels like this. I had my drone land hard broke some props. Found out the controller was faulty so got a new one. Ever since really nervous when flying. I live near the beach so want to do some great sea shots over the water but really nervous it will happen again (which with the new controller no it won't) but how to get over the fear. Anyone got any solutions. I know fly fly and fly more but still nervous to fly where I want to.

I think you've answered your own question pretty much, fly fly and fly, you can always remove the camera that'll stop it from being potientally damaged, just be positive with your inputs, take control. Yuneec does a simulator stick if you feel you need more practice. In time with practice it does get better.

Hi Jessica,
Try to find an open paddock and take off the camera and start flying around and do figure 8's ,this helps you with stick Co troll and orientation. Removing g the camera saveso heaps of money if you should have a mishap. Always fly with your eyes on the bird and get familiar with the stick control and input for achieving what you want the H to do and where to go. A few hrs of that will get the confidence back and then head for your favorite spot for shots. Don't for get that you are using the H in a hostile environment for electrical and radio controlled machines a day they need regular cleaning and keep the sand out. I use a launch pad 5 ft round at Fraser island or sandy or dusty environment . There is a bloke on face book that flies over the border, Google it, his name is Tommy --------- . Old age takes the memory away. I think that it is Radowski or something like that. He flies kingscliff and Gudgeon Creek area. I hope that this helps, also the manual in the front of the forum is made by the pilots overy the years and is invaluable. Johnno Hennessy,.

Just wanted to know if anyone else feels like this. I had my drone land hard broke some props. Found out the controller was faulty so got a new one. Ever since really nervous when flying. I live near the beach so want to do some great sea shots over the water but really nervous it will happen again (which with the new controller no it won't) but how to get over the fear. Anyone got any solutions. I know fly fly and fly more but still nervous to fly where I want to.
Anyone who has experienced a crash, whether pilot error or equipment failure, is bound to nervous of crashing again. It's in the nature. I've had two major crashes in my time...one was pilot error and one was a fault with the aircraft. This was a few years ago using Phantom platforms. Both times I was nervous on my first flights after the respective crashes. I could do something about the 'pilot error' crash by simply not making the mistake I made again but the second crash wasn't pilot error. I couldn't do anything to avoid that crash and if whatever caused that crash was to happen again I still wouldn't be able to mitigate against it.

So it is that I don't trust any drone 100%. All I can do is try and cover all eventualities the best I can and treat my aircraft with the utmost respect. So, only continued use of your aircraft without further incident will help you reduce your fear. But having said that I believe it is healthy to have at least a small mistrust in your drone. They are complicated things and things can go wrong but, hopefully, not too often.

In a way, flying over a deserted beach or the sea is probably less dangerous than flying in land: If it does go down you are far less likely to injure someone and it's that what matters. You can replace your drone but it's difficult to resurrect the dead.

The only way to overcome your fear is to get out and fly. Mitigate all you can against any mishaps. Maintain your aircraft to a high standard and make sure your piloting skills are polished. Choose your flying areas with care and follow the rules. I can't guarantee that you won't crash again just the same as I can't guarantee that I won't crash again. Just make sure that if you do crash again you won't injure anyone. Your drone is just a thing that can be replaced. Now fly it.

Anyone who has experienced a crash, whether pilot error or equipment failure, is bound to nervous of crashing again. It's in the nature. I've had two major crashes in my time...one was pilot error and one was a fault with the aircraft. This was a few years ago using Phantom platforms. Both times I was nervous on my first flights after the respective crashes. I could do something about the 'pilot error' crash by simply not making the mistake I made again but the second crash wasn't pilot error. I couldn't do anything to avoid that crash and if whatever caused that crash was to happen again I still wouldn't be able to mitigate against it.

So it is that I don't trust any drone 100%. All I can do is try and cover all eventualities the best I can and treat my aircraft with the utmost respect. So, only continued use of your aircraft without further incident will help you reduce your fear. But having said that I believe it is healthy to have at least a small mistrust in your drone. They are complicated things and things can go wrong but, hopefully, not too often.

In a way, flying over a deserted beach or the sea is probably less dangerous than flying in land: If it does go down you are far less likely to injure someone and it's that what matters. You can replace your drone but it's difficult to resurrect the dead.

The only way to overcome your fear is to get out and fly. Mitigate all you can against any mishaps. Maintain your aircraft to a high standard and make sure your piloting skills are polished. Choose your flying areas with care and follow the rules. I can't guarantee that you won't crash again just the same as I can't guarantee that I won't crash again. Just make sure that if you do crash again you won't injure anyone. Your drone is just a thing that can be replaced. Now fly it.
True. The only drone you can trust 100% is the one packed away in it's bag! It will come in time, how many times did I ride my bike falling into stinging nettles before I finally managed to ride upright most of the time!

I've had the same problem since the first time it fell out of the sky after just flying over a body of water. What I do is fly just around the edge of the water until you feel comfortable that the drone is working properly.

I think you've answered your own question pretty much, fly fly and fly, you can always remove the camera that'll stop it from being potientally damaged, just be positive with your inputs, take control. Yuneec does a simulator stick if you feel you need more practice. In time with practice it does get better.
Thank you

hey there, I just got back from coastal Oregon as nervous as I was, flew the H+ 4000 horizontal feet at 350’ AGL not much beach front here in Colorado so yes scared beyond words here was my procedure check all settings make sure props are secure fly a few practice orbits fly as far as your comfortable fly back to take off point then check battery level start video if you want and what I do is switch to sport mode and let it rip. I really got great videos got back home and it drifted into a tree branch so fear not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone