Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Any other cam.

Reaction score
I already have a sony action cam so i don't want to spend another 500 on a go pro. Xiomi has a camera that looks like it will fit the gimbal. does anybody know if that will work. Also is there any way to control the camera in flight since you have to turn off wi fi

I would guess that any GoPro 'clone' camera that has the same dimensions as a Hero3 or 4 would work. As for controlling the camera, no, there is no way to control the camera once in flight. The camera controls on the station do not work. The only control is for the gimbal to rotate down. I just turn on my GoPro and start recording before I take off. I'm ok with this. I am going to try sometime with the GoPro wi-fi on though to see if it does really interfere (of course I'll fly at a low altitude, just in case).

Jen

You can only use the cameras that is compatible with there system or programming , so anything that is not the gimble or a go pro 3, 3+ , 4 and the other editions with the 3 and the 4 , will not connect to there video transmitter , but you can use a whole other set and tape it or attach it and look at another screen and fly like that .

Last edited:
Reactions: KramerMD
I have a Firefly 6S which is a gopro clone. it takes great video, but won't fit in the gopro mount and it will not send video either.

You can only use the cameras that is compatible with there system or programming , so anything that is not the gimble or a go pro 3, 3+ , 4 and the other editions with the 3 and the 4 , will not connect to there video transmitter , but you can use a whole other set and tape it or attach it and look at another screen and fly like that .

Where did u find this info? The only thing that the USB cable does is that it takes a simple AV out of it. It has no smart features and theres nothing controlling the camera and there is no "binding" between camera and the videolink.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval