Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery cell balance issue

Reaction score
Hey everyone it’s been a while since I’ve posted. I’m have an issue with my q500 battery. The other day I charged my battery and it did a full charge. So I went to charge again and it did a cell balance for two days my question is is my battery bad or is it the charger or does it normally take that long

Sounds like you have a cell going bad. Your best course of action would be to measure the individual cell voltages on the balance leads using a multimeter. There are four wires on the balance leads. Start at one end and measure between the first two pins being cautious not to short the multimeter probes. Then measure between pins 2 and 3, then 3 and 4.

Report your results.

At full charge each cell should be at 4.20V.

Sounds like you have a cell going bad. Your best course of action would be to measure the individual cell voltages on the balance leads using a multimeter. There are four wires on the balance leads. Start at one end and measure between the first two pins being cautious not to short the multimeter probes. Then measure between pins 2 and 3, then 3 and 4.

Report your results.

At full charge each cell should be at 4.20V.
Ok I’ll give that a try. It will show three bars but when you take off it immediately starts to give me a warning to land aircraft. But it will fly about 15 feet off the ground with out warning

Ok I’ll give that a try. It will show three bars but when you take off it immediately starts to give me a warning to land aircraft. But it will fly about 15 feet off the ground with out warning
Thanks for the info

I have never done a cell check but sometimes the q500 yuneec batteries if left for a long time can start doing the peppermint twist from red to green. An hour later they seem fine. In other words listen to the above pros.

• Haha
Reactions: Pier2162

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval