Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

battery life

johnnyb57

Lost in Space
Approved Vendor
Reaction score
It seems my flight times are now longer than when it was a plus ? Yes I changed my plus to a 520 and lovin it. I very well can be imagining this but it surely seems longer, am I nuts or is this factual ?

It seems my flight times are now longer than when it was a plus ? Yes I changed my plus to a 520 and lovin it. I very well can be imagining this but it surely seems longer, am I nuts or is this factual ?

The only way to know for sure is to have factual data.

Same conditions, same flight styles, and time data.

Without good data, all we have is perception.

Jeff

The only way to know for sure is to have factual data.

Same conditions, same flight styles, and time data.

Without good data, all we have is perception.

Jeff
Yea this is all new to me at present, where before I could see the flight times, now its a timer counting backwards, I dont even recall at what the starting time is ? Only flew it twice before, with my first mission yesterday which I was leery of, seeing when it was a plus i sent it into a tree using CCC, w/o OBS on ?

Maybe because the battery is brand new? In theory there shouldn't be any difference since the hardware and batteries are identical. The influence of the very similar software on the flight time should be very minor. The fligh time stated by Yuneec is also the same. At least for C23 and E90 which are also basically identical (but not interchangeable). With the lighter E90 it is three minutes longer.

Maybe because the battery is brand new? In theory there shouldn't be any difference since the hardware and batteries are identical. The influence of the very similar software on the flight time should be very minor. The fligh time stated by Yuneec is also the same. At least for C23 and E90 which are also basically identical (but not interchangeable). With the lighter E90 it is three minutes longer.
Same battery, nothing new, but that was my first impression I also know theres a difference in the prop motors that I read somewhere. Like I had said I could simply be delusional ?

Just for your information John, there is a big difference in CCC for the H480 and H Plus and the missions for the H520.

CCC is Curve Cable Camera and it automatically generates a curve between waypoints. This includes altitude changes as well as positional. This is used to give a smooth cinematic flight.

The missions on the H520 use absolute waypoints and follow a straight line from one to the other, and includes any altitude changes. Easier to program and get what you expect in flight, but not as cinematic.

Just for your information John, there is a big difference in CCC for the H480 and H Plus and the missions for the H520.

CCC is Curve Cable Camera and it automatically generates a curve between waypoints. This includes altitude changes as well as positional. This is used to give a smooth cinematic flight.

The missions on the H520 use absolute waypoints and follow a straight line from one to the other, and includes any altitude changes. Easier to program and get what you expect in flight, but not as cinematic.
Yep I'm just now getting into it now, did a small field in survey, and ended up with a 108 pictures, theres alot to learn ? But I have my other plus as well

another item pending on what plus you had is the intel rs module that should have been removed when going to the h520. that will reduce the weight a small bit.

flight time is displayed at the compass area on data pilot. there are 2 clocks one on top of the screen is the battery count down clock. the near the compass is time that counts up starting when motors are armed to motors are disarmed.

Reactions: johnnyb57
tuna tool box that works for h520 logs also gives you the flight time. as well as the drone log book that can be setup on the controller to be uploaded and reviewed later.
I am thinking of converting my Plus to the 520! Is the Tuna tool box software included with the 520?
Mike

I am thinking of converting my Plus to the 520! Is the Tuna tool box software included with the 520?
Mike
The toolbox is not usable on the ST16S, but he has an online tool to upload and diagnose the flightlogs of the H520.

Reactions: Mike Irish
The toolbox is not usable on the ST16S, but he has an online tool to upload and diagnose the flightlogs of the H520.
Thank you for clarifying that as I taught it was a program in the ST16s controlar.
Regards.
Mike

Thank you for clarifying that as I taught it was a program in the ST16s controlar.
Regards.
Mike
@Tuna has worked on incorporating a version for the H Plus that has all the functionality of the H480 version for planning CCC missions, but his day job has precluded finishing the project (and Yuneec’s tight lipped protection of their system hasn’t helped).

The H520 already has mission planning so the online analysis is all that is needed.

Reactions: Mike Irish
@Tuna has worked on incorporating a version for the H Plus that has all the functionality of the H480 version for planning CCC missions, but his day job has precluded finishing the project (and Yuneec’s tight lipped protection of their system hasn’t helped).

The H520 already has mission planning so the online analysis is all that is needed.

It's a wonder that Yuneec hasn't offered this or another upgrade to make a little more money from us? There are so many other opportunities to make money that they could offered us like an upgrade software path for their older and existing drones.
Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval