Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery options for Typhoon H?

Reaction score
K.de koupit levné baterie na Typhon H nebo baterie jiné aby se daly předělat. Dá se předělat jiná baterije na Typhona? Jaké konektory. Jaké baterie.

Google translate:

Where to buy cheap batteries for Typhon H or other batteries to be remodeled. Is it possible to convert another battery to Typhon? What connectors. What batteries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, does anybody know how to modify the ST16s battery so it can be charged by a Yuneec A-10 charger

There is no modification to be made to the battery (especially not, unless you have very good fire insurance).
You just have to find a cable like this.
yuneec-charging-cable-yuneec-typhoon-h-yuna10103.jpg

There is no modification to be made to the battery (especially not, unless you have very good fire insurance).
You just have to find a cable like this.
View attachment 23937
I guess you are not really modifying the battery, just adding connectors to allow it to be used with a Yuneec A-10 multi charger
the cable shown is for the drone battery, not the ST16S controller battery

Do not charge the ST16S battery with a Lipo charger. It's the guaranteed explosion.
The transmitter battery is a Li-Ion and charges only via USB to the radio or a Li-Ion charger with a charge for a 3.6 volt cell.
And in the latter case, you need a specific cradle that can contain the ST16 S battery.
But you absolutely need a charger that can charge a Li-Ion to a single cell.

pol_il_Adapter-do-ladowania-akumulatora-aparatury-ST16S-11187.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, My understanding is that the A-10 charges the following
LiPo, Li-ion, LiFe, LiHV,NiMH/NiCd, Lead-Acid, and does discharge
The ST-16s controller battery is a Li-ion, 3.6v 8700mAh 31.32Wh
Seeing how this A-10 charger charges all of the above, I don't understand how, or why it cannot charge the controller battery
thru the additional wiring on the stock battery charger seen in the YouTube vid

EDIT, the LiPo, LiFe, Lilon, LiHV, NiMH/NiCd all can be set from 1 cell (S) to 6 cell times 2 batts at a time even of different type and v

Last edited:
I would encourage you to look up the specs on the Yuneec A-10 charger to verify indeed it can charge the controller batt with the proper additional wiring

Just for the record, I am not in any way an expert on such things I just know what I read

No slight intended to you in this conversation

Larry

K.de koupit levné baterie na Typhon H nebo baterie jiné aby se daly předělat. Dá se předělat jiná baterije na Typhona? Jaké konektory. Jaké baterie.

Google translate:

Where to buy cheap batteries for Typhon H or other batteries to be remodeled. Is it possible to convert another battery to Typhon? What connectors. What batteries.

If your asking whether or not it is possible to use a different LiPo pac (Non-Yuneec) in a Typhoon H, the answer is yes. What would be required is that one is knowledgeable enough about LiPo pacs that picking the right pac in terms of make-up (4S) and size and so forth. One would also need to have the skills to solder a conventional hobby battery lead into the main board of the typhoon replacing the current connector. It should go without saying that one would need to also ensure that the size of the pac would fit withing the confines of the stock battery well and then would need to be able to secure for flight as well as have an external connection for the leads.

I looked into this years ago and found that a very good LiPo pac that was better than a stock battery could be had for about 75.00 to 100.00 US. Had I not sold the H in favor of my Plus I would have done this. I have not looked into hobby Pacs lately but I am sure there are solutions out there if one is prepared to make the switch.

Reactions: davemh
Hi, does anybody know how to modify the ST16s battery so it can be charged by a Yuneec A-10 charger

No mods necessary, just need to be able to make a lead for the charger, I use a couple of Deans Pins soldered to my leads and it works great. I can charge much faster than the old USB cable ever could.

(EDIT) As you can see these are bare connectors, so extreme caution is needed during the connect/disconnect process. Also I have the the Hitec X2 which I believe is identical to the A-10 except for color though I have never seen the menus of the A-10 I suspect they are the same. In the case of the Hitec, there is no option for a 1S LiIon pac so I just use the LiPo section at 1S and it works great.

ChargedST16S.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, there actually is a 1s setting for Lilon on the A-10, it would seem that most of these multi type chargers are made by the same mfg, just different brands and colors

Do not charge the ST16S battery with a Lipo charger. It's the guaranteed explosion.
The transmitter battery is a Li-Ion and charges only via USB to the radio or a Li-Ion charger with a charge for a 3.6 volt cell.
And in the latter case, you need a specific cradle that can contain the ST16 S battery.

View attachment 23938
I like this, where can you get it stateside, advertise it in Poland (I think) but out of stock

As I mentioned above, you can charge a single cell LiIon pack using the LiPo profile of an aftermarket charger. I have done this for over two years with my ST-16S pacs.

However, I would not advise this on multiple cell pacs.

As I mentioned above, you can charge a single cell LiIon pack using the LiPo profile of an aftermarket charger. I have done this for over two years with my ST-16S pacs.

However, I would not advise this on multiple cell pacs.
No need to chose the LiPo setting unit has 1 to 6 cell Lilon settings

Thanks for your input

So where can I get 1606261388298.png

Reactions: Mike Irish

Google translate:

This is the alternative to your question:

Thanks for the video. It is difficult to buy an adapter remotely. It occurred to me to cut off the old battery and connect it to another that could be bought. He wouldn't have to look for an adapter. Make a solder solder connection directly to the connectors of the old cut battery. I write it over and over again to make a good translation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval