Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Percentage Error

Reaction score
Hi there, first time posting, but thank you all for shedding some light and helping out with so great comments.
I have my H+ for about a year or so, had a couple of problems, but solve then all thankfully.
But lately, even today, average conditions for flying our trusty H+, one of my batteries (always the same one for now) after 5 minutes, give or take, drops dramatically from 90's to 20's percent in a couple of minutes, but before landing, the battery life stars to increase.
I turn off, reset the drone and suddenly it's at 80's again...
Do I need to calibrate de battery or something?
It is scary, for I do not know what is real and I'll my H fell from the sky someday

Hi there, first time posting, but thank you all for shedding some light and helping out with so great comments.
I have my H+ for about a year or so, had a couple of problems, but solve then all thankfully.
But lately, even today, average conditions for flying our trusty H+, one of my batteries (always the same one for now) after 5 minutes, give or take, drops dramatically from 90's to 20's percent in a couple of minutes, but before landing, the battery life stars to increase.
It is scary, for I do not know what is real and I'll my H fell from the sky someday
Sounds like your battery has a bad cell. Best advice would be to discard it and get a new one [emoji53]

It's possible one of the Deans connectors on the battery is worn or damaged. Look at the two connectors on both ends of the battery and see if there is any evidence of heat or discoloration.

Burnt contacts.jpg

Reactions: DoomMeister

Check the internal resistance of each cell and verify the real mAh charged After a full discharge.

Reactions: oliver
The remaining clue is the battery's Internal Resistance.
The IR will cause the voltage to drop under load.
Since your voltage seems to drop more than normal, maybe one cell has a high IR.
Your battery charger may have an IR test function.
If this LiPo is suspect, you can always use it for bench testing & calibrations.

Since your voltage seems to drop more than normal, maybe one cell has a high IR.
If this LiPo is suspect, you can always use it for bench testing & calibrations.
So, there's no way of fixing it? If I want to have two reliable batteries, I need to buy the second one, for this one is "useless"?

And the battery will heat up.

So, there's no way of fixing it? If I want to have two reliable batteries, I need to buy the second one, for this one is "useless"?
Price you pay for flying, it gets them in the end, can't turn back the clock I'm afraid, Just do our best with the battery care regime, it can be an expensive hobby.

As suggested by previous posts this is likely a battery pack with a bad cell. I need to ask if you are using a charger that allows you to place the batteries at storage voltage when not flying. Leaving your batteries at too low or high a voltage level for more than about three days can cause cumulative and irreversible damage to them.
Do you have a charger that can measure the individual cell voltages and internal resistance (IR)? If not, maybe a multimeter so you can read the cell voltages?
I would be very leery of flying the Plus with that battery until more can be learned about its true condition.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval