Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery - red error

can i use this

12V 1A UL Certified 120VAC 12W AC Adapter w/ Alligator Clips for Access SLA104 you think or does it have to be a car battery maintainer?

Hopefully someone will provide you with an answer... just note that this thread has not been active for nearly 2 years... same goes for the OP.

the type of charger / maintainer I used to revive the battery. Do not use any high current charger !! Do not charge for more than 1 or 2 minutes @ 2 Amps max !! The only thing you want is to bring the battery voltage above the threshold where the Yuneec charger refuses to charge. View attachment 4294

I suggest you use the lowest current ( 1 or 2 Amps) battery maintainer you can find. Again...for just enough time to bring the voltage up ever so slightly...
This Mercedes-Benz battery maintainer is just too expensive for what you need, but I work for M-B and I had it in my tools.

the type of charger / maintainer I used to revive the battery. Do not use any high current charger !! Do not charge for more than 1 or 2 minutes @ 2 Amps max !! The only thing you want is to bring the battery voltage above the threshold where the Yuneec charger refuses to charge. View attachment 4294

I suggest you use the lowest current ( 1 or 2 Amps) battery maintainer you can find. Again...for just enough time to bring the voltage up ever so slightly...
This Mercedes-Benz battery maintainer is just too expensive for what you need, but I work for M-B and I had it in my tools.
hi i bought a 12v 500ma mainter to try the same thing to basically jump start it. sorry im not sure where the aligator clips should go? please send a picture illustrating this. thanks!

Use a DC voltmeter to measure the larger main battery leads, then hook + to + and - to - .

This is a good way to burn your house down.
Never use an external power supply unattended and never for a longer time. Go back to a LiPo charger as soon as possible. Then proceed charging until the battery is full.

br HE
I couldn’t agree more! I think early in the thread there was mention of only using the charger for a minute or two at a time until the LiPo charger would accept the pack and start charging it.

The best practice is to never let your batteries get to that condition in the first place. With normal use and storage practices it should never happen until the battery is ready for recycling anyway.

I think we both agree that the price of a new battery is a drop in a lake compared to replacing your home!!!

Reactions: NorWiscPilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval