Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Warning!

Maybe yes maybe no.
The battery does not seem swollen, a priori.
Inserting the battery must be straightforward by pushing it in "sharply".
Does it do the same when you put the battery in the other slot?
Remember to clean the battery and charger contacts with an electronic contact cleaner.
If in the other slot the values are correct or read, maybe a failure of the charger.
Each cell should be tested with a tester to see if the fourth cell is at 2.54. If it is this value, I fear that it is dead because it is well below 3 volts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
Move it around, side to side until you get a reading, or like tom said storage mode first. I had a battery go completely dead (dont ask) used storage mode first, then regular charge once all cells were brought up to 50% ?

Check this out. I have saved a couple LiPo batteries using this method.

How to recharge a fully flat lipo (lithium polymer) battery

Does require a smart charger with storage functionality.

You do not need a storage function for this. You can basically use every charger with a NiXX function supporting at least 12V. Even a power supply with regulated current will work just fine. But take care! This procedure is highly dangerous if not done correctly. The batteries can catch fire and even explode if you charge them too high. The charger will not turn off by itself. And that is not an internet rumour. I do know someone who blew up a battery trying to safe it and forgot about it while doing so.

You can test every single sell by using a multimeter. Just measure the voltage between contacts next to each other. Each cell should be between 3.2V and 4.35V (4.2V for Typhoon H). Negative values are fine as well (just measured with inversed polarity). One pair will display zero. The difference between all cells should not be greater than 0.1V. If it is it indicates that one cell drains faster then the others and is likely to be damaged.

I have the same charger and I have seen that before. It may be nothing more than the ribbon cable to the display. Remove the bottom of the charger and be sure the ribbon cable is seated completely into it's socket. Replace the bottom and try again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval