Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze and Android

Reaction score
Anyone having this issue using the Android phones..

I have the Pixel XL (new about 2 months old now), has worked great for a few weeks. Connected easy and controls all work. Now yesterday I use it as always it worked great. Changed the battery, the Pixel XL connects to it via WI-FI, says connected but when running the App. it says need to connect WI-FI. Re-booted the phone and the Breeze and still connects without problems but the software says it is not connected to WI-FI

Using a Droid about 2 years old, has a hard time finding the WI-FI but once it does the software works without problems.

Both the phones and the droid all have been updated. Not sure if a setting for WI-FI that I do see needs to be set or something has been changed. I even forget the password and re enter the password and still does not work. Only thing that was done that day was turn the drone off and change battery. As of today it will still not work with my Pixel XL anymore.

Any suggestions would be great!

Reactions: maximnik
I might have similar problem. My Breeze connects to Nexus 6P (Android 7.1.x) using WiFi, but Breeze App shows that Nexus 6P and Breeze are not connected.

Me too. Same problem with my Nexus 6. When I connected with the Samsung tab which is a few years old, it seems to connect fine.

With my Nexus 6, I didn't do the firmware update on Breeze and was able to fly okay yesterday. It's still a little sketchy connecting but it did work three times out of the five or six I tried to bind. I went into my wifi advanced settings and changed it to 5 ghz only (rather than automatic or the 2. option) That was the solution I read in some forum.

Then I had to turn the phone off and on again once to get it to bind but it did it successfully three times in a row. I have a Nexus 6 android. Hope this helps anybody. Video pictures great color btw and super easy to fly.

On the other hand, the Samsung tablet would NOT connect this time. I'm not sure if it's because I don't have mobile network on the tab and I was in a park area yesterday. I couldn't find any place to set it to 5ghz outside but I'll test it today to see if it works from the house.

Also, FYI I BROKE THE BREEZE'S GLASS BOTTOM SENSOR and majorly dinged propellers first time (forgot to put propeller guards on), first MINUTE I used it in my concrete backyard. Note to users: there's a reason why every drone comes with a warning not to use it if you don't know how like me!!

On a happier note, it worked just fine yesterday in the park, though I still have to calibrate compass and get the video off it today. BE CAREFUL! This is a little junky toy even though it's pricey! Also, it's going to be bought by a lot of non-drone pilots like me.

So, KNOW WHERE THAT LANDING BUTTON IS before you use it (not like me) and download and read the real user manual available online before you fly it! Hey, at least now I'm not afraid to rough it up a bit.

Same here on Nexus 6P (and I'm running Beta Android O). So now I think that's the problem. Sometimes I sit there for 15 minutes like an idiot staring at my drone... then it connects and flies fine. And once connected battery changes on the drone don't interrupt the fun. On an old ipad it connects in seconds.

I sent an email to Yuneec today. Don't expect to hear much, but I tried!

Same problem here. Says it's connected, but no video image or battery level shown, so I know it is not connected!

Same problem here. Says it's connected, but no video image or battery level shown, so I know it is not connected!
@RLBlaszak, Has it worked before for you?
Have you tried putting your phone into airplane mode and then enabling only WLAN? And just to confirm, which phone is this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval