Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze Crash, advice needed :(

Thank you for the pointers regarding RTH and loss of connectivity. As far as the turbulence, that's weird because it was a beautiful and calm morning, no wind at all. As a matter of fact, I had been shooting in the morning and this was my last flight before going home. Some of other videos I took that morning (raw):

As far as the recovery from Maria, I have to say the island is doing well, although there are still signs of the hurricane, such as 90% of the roads are dark at night, frequent power losses, etc. In all fairness, recovery efforts in PR are much more complicated than FL, or TX for example. As our President stated, “This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water,” and that does complicate logistics. Add to that that most of the power is generated in the south of the island and most people live in the north, and transmission lines have to go up and down the central mountain range that runs across the island. Many of the transmission line towers had to be taken to placed via helicopter because of lack of accessibility through the forest.

Jose

Glad to hear things are going better. Maybe the power grid will be repaired with equipment more resistant to damage.

You have some nice raw footage of Isla de Cabra José. As with all Breeze Pilots we really need to reposition more often, take lots of footage, then do lots of post editing with clips of 5 to 10 seconds to make better videos.

The turbulence experienced at the baseball field was odd. It actually acted like a magnetic interference or impact with a small bird or large insect. The odd part was there were no errors for magnetic interference and impact scenario would not occur both on the way up and down like the telemetry showed. Hope you are able to return to flying soon and see more of your footage.

Glad to hear things are going better. Maybe the power grid will be repaired with equipment more resistant to damage.

You have some nice raw footage of Isla de Cabra José. As with all Breeze Pilots we really need to reposition more often, take lots of footage, then do lots of post editing with clips of 5 to 10 seconds to make better videos.

The turbulence experienced at the baseball field was odd. It actually acted like a magnetic interference or impact with a small bird or large insect. The odd part was there were no errors for magnetic interference and impact scenario would not occur both on the way up and down like the telemetry showed. Hope you are able to return to flying soon and see more of your footage.
This was the exact same behavior as experienced here Just Quit
She basically switches herself off when the RTH point is reached and descent should begin.

This was the exact same behavior as experienced here Just Quit
She basically switches herself off when the RTH point is reached and descent should begin.

I’ll go take a look at the log. Missed looking at it in my Percocet fog. Couldn’t take sitting at the computer.

Good to know you are better know. Take care!

Thanks! That is weird seeing two Breezes reach the point of takeoff during an RTH then just drop like a rock when they enter landing mode. Starting to sound like a flaky flight controller. Though both were using Android phones. I’ll see if I can get both to send data on make and model.

I sent mine to Yuneec for repair/replace after they reviewed the logs and sent me an RMA.

That’s good, knew there was no pilot error and that weird jog in the Journey was strange. The cutoff of motor power at altitude during the RTH was the real kicker.

I wish they would release the bit codes for the IMU and the full bit codes for the error column. I’m suspecting there are problems with the accelerometers that are causing the RTH dropouts, but no way to know since we can’t read the IMU codes.

Just wanted to say I got new Breeze, I sent it to Germany and they instantly sent new one to replace broken one. I must admit I was really surprised in a good way, when I got message saying they received my package and that it was sent to mechanic, in just a few hours I got new message saying package was sent to me and it came few days later along with the USB stick with flight logs on. No complaint there, thumbs up Yuneec and thank You very much for swift reaction. I must admit that I have it more than a week now, but I still havent gone out to test it yet , guess I lost interest for flying after that fly off . I still dont know what went wrong, because Yuneec also said they couldnt find any info on my flight logs..I always calibrated it, flew it with fully charged batteries and avoided obstacles of any kind. I have latest software update on my smartphone, but what are Yours suggestions on what software to use? I read somewhere that some older versions were more stable so just wanted to make sure what do You guys think? Once again, thanks to everyone for help and suggestion :)

Reactions: robbie2
I think you will be fine. There was a definite problem with the first Breeze flying off like that. It should always halt at the geofence, both distance and height.

The reason Yuneec could not find flight logs with the Breeze in the air is because the Breeze Cam app terminates the flight log recording the instant you go to the Controller Task mode. I have video for most every fight I’ve taken using the controller and can prove the Breeze was airborne, but the flight log file that would match it terminates as soon as I switch to Controller mode.

I think I just had a stroke of brilliance. The next time I fly I think I’ll place the Breeze in Pilot mode, takeoff and hover for a minute or so and land. At that point I’ll exit Pilot mode, switch to Controller mode, takeoff and hover for a minute or so then land. There should be a log file generated showing the Pilot mode and then it will terminate as soon as Controller mode is entered. This should prove to Yuneec that there is a flaw with the Breeze Cam app.

I just got word from Yuneec Customer Care that my under warranty repaired Breeze is on it's way back to me. @DoomMeister, thanks again for your support and advice.

Good to hear! Glad all worked out for you. Looking forward to more photos/videos from you. Let us know if they say what was wrong or at least what they replaced.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop