Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze extra 1700mAh battery

$29 at Walmart - original Breeze battery 2/17/18 - but this price has been like this since Christmas time.
That's right, but the original battery is only 1150mAh, 10-12 minutes flying time... the GiFi battery is 1700mAh, 15-16 minutes. Same price -more flying time.

I live in holland and Walmart does not sent to the Netherlands. For me is aliexpres my best option. Going to buy it in a few weeks first a 2 week vacation.

Reactions: bas50
I just picked up a breeze over the weekend and for the price you can't beat it. I found these batteries also, I'm thinking of ordering 2...

If anyone has them could you confirm the real world flight time and does it effect the quadcopter flight at all...

I will post my experiences when i get them
Thanx

If you have experience with batteries in general, or LiPo specifically, you know all batteries are NOT made equal. Production standards vary, LiPo battery (cells) quality varies. From what I understand, the Breeze charger balances the cells in the battery the last few minutes. Here’s what to watch for; if these batteries take longer to balance, like 2X+, watch them close. Touch them for excessive heat when charging. A battery is made up of “cells” and the number of cells determines the battery voltage. If the cells are not matched properly you are asking for trouble. I’m not saying these batteries are, or are not, made well, but you are literally risking your house burning down if you don’t pay attention. Watch a few YouTube videos on LiPo fires. These batteries are not toys, treat them with respect.

I noticed that Yuneec battery worked like a glass of beer.
100% battery level was shown on the phone then it went to 89% right after take off.
It's like right after the first sip, the beer drinker realized the glass was filled with foam. The glass was never full.

I’m sure you know that Walmart has the OEM battery for $21 now. Others have reported the GF battery has issues (I’m sure not all of them) but you should research LiPo fires. Battery assembly MATTERS - each 'cell' (3) should be matched to each other - and in the less expensive cells sometimes they are not - and issues occur.

If you figure a linear equation (which will be somewhat close) take your flying time now with the OEM Breeze battery and multiply by 1700/1150 (1.48). This ASSUMES the “C” rating of the batteries are the same. Batteries C ratings vary in this spec (15C, 20C, 40C and so on). The higher the C rating the more power it can deliver but the battery size and weight are larger and heavier. I have not seen the GF battery BUT to fit in the same physical space a 1700 battery will (more than likely) have a lower C rating than a 1150 battery. This affects the flight time (making it lower). Do you might plan on 1.2 to 1.3 the OEM flight time.

There is no ‘exact time’ anyone can tell you. Battery temperature, altitude, C rating, and other factors are all variables that will affect YOUR flight time.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval