Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

C23 Binding Persistence

Fred Garvin

Holding Short
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Website
orbisdroneservices.com
I got my new H+ yesterday. When I first powered it on, the aircraft connected to the ST16S, but there was no video on the controller or any camera info. I went to the binding, and there was nothing there. It searched, found it, I clicked it to get the green check, and then everything was connected and working fine.

However, I have to do this every time I power up. The ST16S and aircraft connect automatically, but not the C23. I have to go into binding and connect to it, each power cycle.

The system is updated to 784, no issues there.
I've tried the RESET box, where it searches and I have to type in the password.

I've noticed that when I bind to the C23, it stays in the white search box....it never moves outside the box, like the aircraft is...it's above and outside the white search box with a green check next to it. Not the C23.....so, it's not persistent. Im having to manually bind it.

This cant be normal....can it?

I can't say for certain that this is your problem, but I find that anytime the ST16S connects to my router -for whatever reason, it will unbind from the camera if connected, and require re-binding to the camera every time. Even if the H Plus/C23 is powered off, connecting to the router will reset the previous camera connection settings, and require re-binding.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
Boom....could be. I’m inside getting it setup and ready for test flights tomorrow. I’ll see if the behavior continues out at the park. Thanks for that....the H480 doesn’t do that so it didn’t even dawn on me.

I have an H Plus and have the same problem in that I have to rebind the camera every time. I see that perhaps from your comments above it could be that the ST16S is connecting to my router in my house. Can't say that I remember that I have the same issue when I am outside flying. I tend to do a lot of setup practice in the house without the props on just to get used to the controller features. I have an issue when I go to the software update page too and click on the wifi and the page locks up for some reason. Anyone know what that is all about? I have to shutdown and start up again as the screen is locked.

Not sure about your lockup issue.....

My issue has not recurred. I flew at the park, and everything powered up and bound as expected, without any intervention from me....leading me to the router explanation....

However, I powered up at home for a camera test out back, just up and around the house...and the system powered up and bound as expected....no intervention needed and my router was definitely in range.

My issue has not recurred. I flew at the park, and everything powered up and bound as expected, without any intervention from me....leading me to the router explanation....

However, I powered up at home for a camera test out back, just up and around the house...and the system powered up and bound as expected....no intervention needed and my router was definitely in range.
The ST16S will remember the last WiFi connection and reestablish it if available. If not it will play dumb until you tell what to bind to. So if the router was the last connection, the ST16S will only look, and look, and look for the router, even with the C23 yelling in its face "Pick Me! Pick Me! Pick Me!"

Reactions: Fred Garvin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital