Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

camera setting

Reaction score
When I turn my radio on I can't find the screen to change from sunny to cloudy to
fluorescent lighting.were did it go?

If you have the CGO3 camera go into your settings and pick CGO3. My ST10+ when I first got it was on CGO2.

This is a really good point to bring up, thanks! White balance is a good thing to know.

I always set my white balance manually. It doesn't really matter for stills because I have mine set up to to RAW images but it really helps with video.
It's always good to set your white balance manually to keep the camera from shifting it during flight. Have you ever noticed that sometimes the camera is wrong? I know, crazy but true.

Here's a little tip...
Back in the film days of photography we used to use filters to change the warmth of the scene. Some films (Fuji) had a cool cast. So we would run a warming filter (orange) on our lens to give that wonderful warm feeling to the photos. When digital came out we realized we could set the white balance to cloudy or shade and get the same effect. When you shoot RAW photos (.DNG) you can go in and manually set the white balance on the computer so it really only matters if you shoot JPEGs or video.

In a nutshell...Try setting your white balance to Shade or Cloudy on the next sunny day. Oh, yea...Shade adds a little more warmth than Cloudy. Shade is great for sunset/sunrise, Cloudy works best for all around footage. Try it out and let us know how it worked.

This is a really good point to bring up, thanks! White balance is a good thing to know.

I always set my white balance manually. It doesn't really matter for stills because I have mine set up to to RAW images but it really helps with video.
It's always good to set your white balance manually to keep the camera from shifting it during flight. Have you ever noticed that sometimes the camera is wrong? I know, crazy but true.

Here's a little tip...
Back in the film days of photography we used to use filters to change the warmth of the scene. Some films (Fuji) had a cool cast. So we would run a warming filter (orange) on our lens to give that wonderful warm feeling to the photos. When digital came out we realized we could set the white balance to cloudy or shade and get the same effect. When you shoot RAW photos (.DNG) you can go in and manually set the white balance on the computer so it really only matters if you shoot JPEGs or video.

In a nutshell...Try setting your white balance to Shade or Cloudy on the next sunny day. Oh, yea...Shade adds a little more warmth than Cloudy. Shade is great for sunset/sunrise, Cloudy works best for all around footage. Try it out and let us know how it worked.
Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval