Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

camera slightly cockeyed.

Reaction score
Had a crash a while back which did not damage other then to break a couple of props. First time I took out the quad I noticed that the camera was slightly cockeyed. I flew it and took a couple of videos to test and of course the videos came out cockeyed. The camera works fine, it moved up and down etc. But it just sits cockeyed. I took it out of the box this morning to do some tests. I unplugged the camera and plugged it back in and turned on the controller and the bird and once it hooked up the camera straightened out. This was odd because yesterday it did not straighten out. So I took a video this morning and it was straight. The camera still is cockeyed when the quad is just sitting and turned off. So I am not sure what is going on. I called Yuneec and they did not have any type of quick fix but told me the Gimbal was probably damaged. Just wondering if any one here may have had any experience with this and could help. Here are some pics of the quad just sitting idle with the camera cockeyed. Also oddly when I turn the bird upside down the camera is straight???

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    823.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    935.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    823.7 KB · Views: 38
When the Q is off the camera will be cockeyed, this is normal. I have had the same issue at times, i have found that sometimes the camera, when everything boots up can be slightly tilted. shut the bird down and remove the battery for about 10 seconds, replace the battery and switch it back on. also make sure it (the Q itself) is as level as can be before switching it back on, let it go thru the boot up and it should be straightened out. if you continue to have this problem you may have to send it back to Yuneec for service.

Good luck.

When the Q is off the camera will be cockeyed, this is normal. I have had the same issue at times, i have found that sometimes the camera, when everything boots up can be slightly tilted. shut the bird down and remove the battery for about 10 seconds, replace the battery and switch it back on. also make sure it (the Q itself) is as level as can be before switching it back on, let it go thru the boot up and it should be straightened out. if you continue to have this problem you may have to send it back to Yuneec for service.

Good luck.
Thank you very much John. I was kind of bummed yesterday because I was in a very beautiful spot in Up Country Maui. Oh well, I can go back up there any time and take some good videos now that I know this.

Yuneec replaced my camera twice for the tilting issue and camera number three still has the problem. It may look level on my first flight, but it usually tilts to the right after a few minutes of flying. I land and restart everything (I do not remove the battery) and this usually solves the issue until I fly again. Yuneec has no solution for this problem, but hopefully a firmware update will fix it. If you look at the Yuneec forums on FB, you will see a number of pilots have the same issue. Good luck and good flying!

Yuneec replaced my camera twice for the tilting issue and camera number three still has the problem. It may look level on my first flight, but it usually tilts to the right after a few minutes of flying. I land and restart everything (I do not remove the battery) and this usually solves the issue until I fly again. Yuneec has no solution for this problem, but hopefully a firmware update will fix it. If you look at the Yuneec forums on FB, you will see a number of pilots have the same issue. Good luck and good flying!

You may also want to check the little rubber shock absorbers are all correctly in place as well, i had 1 on my new H was not seated at all and that created some tilt once in the air. It was kind of a pain to get it back into the mount, i used some thread, wrapped it around the rubber and then pulled it thru the mount hole( gently).

You have to use the GUI app and connect your H to your PC and in the GUI app they have the option to calibrate your gimbal, along with other things, like height/distance limitations

Thank you very much John. I was kind of bummed yesterday because I was in a very beautiful spot in Up Country Maui. Oh well, I can go back up there any time and take some good videos now that I know this.
Or calibrate the gimbal in the GUI app!;)

Or calibrate the gimbal in the GUI app!;)

Unless Yuneec has released a new GUI for the Q500 4k the current version only seems to support the CGO2 camera not the CGO3. If I am wrong, please let me know. I have the same tilt problem and have tried several posted solutions without any luck. One time the camera stays level and the next it might not. After calling Yuneec tech support they gave me two options...send the Q500 to them and wait a month or return it to the retailer for exchange. The latter option surprised me after seeing the notice (in the Q500 box) to NOT return to retailer and to call support instead.

I to am having a very slight shift to the left that only shows on the horizon. Have not done a gimbal calibration but I will. I have to believe that the status of the shift with power off is not important. I may even try calibrating in the opposite direction to compensate?

On my subsequent flights when I power on the camera aligns properly. Still tilted when off but it seems to be straight now when flying. So I guess it was a temporary glitch. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Must be tough to miss a photo op on Maui. And be able to go back any time. Haha! I'm just envious.

I have taken to doing a full compass and sensor calibration before every flight. I also carry a makeshift plywood heliport that I check with a level before calibration. No problems since! Keeping fingers crossed.

I have taken to doing a full compass and sensor calibration before every flight. I also carry a makeshift plywood heliport that I check with a level before calibration. No problems since! Keeping fingers crossed.
Every time is really not necessary if you fly within 50 or so miles always, I only do one after firmware update, or moving 50 to 100 miles from the last point of calibration! The more you do them, If they are fine, the more you have a chance of a faulty one. Just my 2 cents

Anyone having problems with the horizon with the CGO3+ …. in a 9 knot wind the horizon tilted after flying for about 5 min. and would not correct itself. ( landed and did a camera & compass calibration ) Same problem…. Anything I should know?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval