Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera & ST16 Help

Reaction score
Hello All,
First off i hope everyone is doing great. It has been a while since i have posted on this forum. Lately due to work i have not had the time to be able to fly the H like it should. I might literally have 25 battery uses(i own three) through it. I have seen lately about the new ST 16(controller), real sense, and other news / releases. My first question is the last time i went to use the H i noticed that the camera feed back(video) was really grainy. I mean really! I was wondering what can i do to fix or diagnose what is wrong with it? This machine has been babied; so i am confused on why this has happened. The other thing is my ST16 has been making loud noisy apon boot up and while it is running. Has anyone else had this problem? Also can some one catch me up to speed on what i have missed out on the last half a year. Appreciation in advance!

I have only updated once and that was maybe a year and a half ago. I will check later and reply to this post with the current firmware. I remember after the first time i updated it worked so after that i was reluctant to do another because i heard of forum members having problems with the firmware at the time. Do you think it could help with the camera and noise of the controller? What has tunnel said about what the current firmware offers?

What firmware are you using? Have you up-dated to the latest?
Here is a link on the latest firmware release: 2-24 Firmware V3.03 and ST16 B30 - Post Your Results Here

The noise in the ST-16 is from the fans, no big deal but it can be annoying.

First off i hope everyone is doing great. It has been a while since i have posted on this forum. Lately due to work i have not had the time to be able to fly the H like it should.

Holy Moly, you been gone to Europe all this time?:eek:

Welcome back. The grainy feed, huh? You're talking about the ST16 display from the cam, right? If you record a short video, does it play back OK on a computer?

BTW, there's a Sticky thread in the Typhoon Help area with all sorts of info to reference.

Holy Moly, you been gone to Europe all this time?:eek:

Welcome back. The grainy feed, huh? You're talking about the ST16 display from the cam, right? If you record a short video, does it play back OK on a computer?

BTW, there's a Sticky thread in the Typhoon Help area with all sorts of info to reference.

RayRay,
I will except the welcome back to the forum but I have been back for a while ( from Europe) it was good. I never updated or switched over to europe firmware (and did not have any problems). All i can say is that i almost lost the H due to birds at the cliffs of moher. I was freaked out.

The picture never used to be as grainy as it is now while it is fliming(H in the air). Also to reply to the noise being from the fans i will have to get a video of the noise. It is way louder that just fans almost sounds kinda gritty/grindy?

RayRay,
I will except the welcome back to the forum but I have been back for a while ( from Europe) it was good. I never updated or switched over to europe firmware (and did not have any problems). All i can say is that i almost lost the H due to birds at the cliffs of moher. I was freaked out.

The picture never used to be as grainy as it is now while it is fliming(H in the air). Also to reply to the noise being from the fans i will have to get a video of the noise. It is way louder that just fans almost sounds kinda gritty/grindy?

Possibly you switched somewhere to PAL for video out to wifi to be compatible in EU? Check your camera settings or reset the CGO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Possibly you switched somewhere to PAL for video out to wifi to be compatible in EU? Check your camera settings or reset the CGO

Also the fan noise can be fixed sometimes with a shot of air at the bearings and a little vibrational correctional maintenance.

The fan noise has typically been cause by the rotor blades coming loose from the shaft. Some have had success with opening the ST16 and adding some glue between the blades and the shaft. If you are still in warranty, Yuneec will fix it for free. You could also purchase a replacement fan and install it yourself.
If the video is looking pixelated, the firmware upgrade may help. Make sure you follow all steps including deleting flight data re-binding and re-calibrating everything.

Reactions: Rayray

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder