Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cannot select task modes on Typhoon H Plus

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently bought the Typhoon H Plus and did some first flight and recording.
Yesterday I wanted to try some different flight modes, like Orbit Me, but the only task mode I'm able to select is Follow me, which didn't seem to do anything. It just gave me an overview how to use Follow me, but there was no start button or anything.

All the other task modes like CCC and Orbit me are greyed out, so I can't select them. This was in Angle mode. Am I missing anything here?

Kind regards,
Manfred

Hi,

I recently bought the Typhoon H Plus and did some first flight and recording.
Yesterday I wanted to try some different flight modes, like Orbit Me, but the only task mode I'm able to select is Follow me, which didn't seem to do anything. It just gave me an overview how to use Follow me, but there was no start button or anything.

All the other task modes like CCC and Orbit me are greyed out, so I can't select them. This was in Angle mode. Am I missing anything here?

Kind regards,
Manfred

@Manfred First; what firmware version are you running on? Second; how many satellites are you seeing locked onto the controller? Aircraft?

Currently I am running the latest firmware - ends in 0801, and upon installing this firmware, my sats count on the controller increased by about four on average from around six to around ten. You will notice that up to 5 will show a red icon, 6 to 10 will go yellow and 11 and up will go green. In the new firmware, the ability to go into "Smart" mode will be an option - if you have the latest firmware you will see this option available.

Some of the task modes will need to see a sat count of 11 or more or you will get a message that not enough satellites are available to enter that mode. In addition, while I have executed some of the task modes including CCC, Orbit and follow me, they have been sporadic and I and others believe that a future firmware update will address the issues. I currently own and older Typhoon H with over three hundred flights and can tell you the task modes in the Plus are not 100% yet but believe they will be soon.

@Manfred First; what firmware version are you running on? Second; how many satellites are you seeing locked onto the controller? Aircraft?

Currently I am running the latest firmware - ends in 0801, and upon installing this firmware, my sats count on the controller increased by about four on average from around six to around ten. You will notice that up to 5 will show a red icon, 6 to 10 will go yellow and 11 and up will go green. In the new firmware, the ability to go into "Smart" mode will be an option - if you have the latest firmware you will see this option available.

Some of the task modes will need to see a sat count of 11 or more or you will get a message that not enough satellites are available to enter that mode. In addition, while I have executed some of the task modes including CCC, Orbit and follow me, they have been sporadic and I and others believe that a future firmware update will address the issues. I currently own and older Typhoon H with over three hundred flights and can tell you the task modes in the Plus are not 100% yet but believe they will be soon.

I'm still at the initial firmware release and having problems to upgrade to the latest firmware (see posting How to Upgrade/Downgrade C23 Camera Firmware for the H Plus). I'm not able to select any of the task mode options. What I understand from Frontier is that the aircraft needs to be airborne to be able to select those modes. I haven't been able to try that out yet, but I probably need to update to some newer firmware first.

Hi,
I have some questions and I hope you know the answers.
With the newest Firmware, ends in 0801, ´Smart´ Mode will be available. Whee can you see this option?
Is this Smart Mode the same as those on the Typhoon H , meaning headless. flying?
Has the CCC Mode issues? Which ones?
Thanks

Okay, if you have the newest firmware, Smart Mode is available and is similar to that of the Typhoon H however; there are some differences. Also CCC Mode does work similarly to the Typhoon H but again there are some differences. The first video below details the use of Smart Mode as well as the ST-16S interface - skip to the 5:00 minute mark to see Smart Mode.

The second video is about CCC with an H Plus, I found there are a few subtle differences in the way a CCC is began and controlled

Reactions: Fred Garvin
Okay, if you have the newest firmware, Smart Mode is available and is similar to that of the Typhoon H however; there are some differences. Also CCC Mode does work similarly to the Typhoon H but again there are some differences. The first video below details the use of Smart Mode as well as the ST-16S interface - skip to the 5:00 minute mark to see Smart Mode.

The second video is about CCC with an H Plus, I found there are a few subtle differences in the way a CCC is began and controlled

Great Help! Thanks very much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval