Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Case idea for carry-on baggage

Just for Antenna?

For the antenna, my ND filters and cleaning cloths thats all I needed it for. Everything else goes well into my backpack. I just did not want to be hauling around the other stuff individually.

no idea, I just know you can fit it. Looking at pics I doubt but it could be better for checkin

Yuneec Typhoon H Case | GPC, Inc. I just bit the bullet and ordered one from here. Great communication I told them I was going to Costa Rica and they got it in the mail two hours after I ordered it. Will be here Tuesday. Big money but I would freak out to see somebody getting on the plane and a flight attendant start stuffing somebodies bag in the over head compartment on top of the H.

Yuneec Typhoon H Case | GPC, Inc. I just bit the bullet and ordered one from here. Great communication I told them I was going to Costa Rica and they got it in the mail two hours after I ordered it. Will be here Tuesday. Big money but I would freak out to see somebody getting on the plane and a flight attendant start stuffing somebodies bag in the over head compartment on top of the H.
I considered that one too, looks very well made. My concern is that it's huge, much larger than Yuneec Backpack. I know it holds a second (ST-10) controller, but I don't have an ST-10. Seems like GPC does custom work, wonder if they would make a smaller case.

I started the thread for ideas for carry-on bags. The GPC is huge and exceeds the typical airline size dimension (22 x 14 x 9 vs. 24.34 x 19.47 x 14.38) in every direction.

WOW! $375, that is almost 1/3 the price of the drone itself! Seriously that is expensive. I know it is to protect the thing but wow.
I got a few cases from Home Depot that are used for tools. I will let you guys know if they work out. Cost, $55.each. :)

Then again I never travel so what do I know. I may feel differently if I had to take it on a plane or the like.:)

This is good only if you intend to travel. If you go to the other side of the world and just to find out that your device is no good because was damaged. You will be very unhappy fellow. One of my trips I'll be using different type of transportation (plane, cars, helicopters). However size/weight does matter for me too but need to choose what is more important and this is very individual. I will wait for a few more months, see maybe more new products will surface

netjam, sure, protection is of utmost importance but with any carry-on baggage you keep in in your possession at all times and you prevent both theft and abusive handling.

netjam, sure, protection is of utmost importance but with any carry-on baggage you keep in in your possession at all times and you prevent both theft and abusive handling.
I am not arguing but we both know you cannot take H with you as carry-on baggage. It's too big, so none of the ideas convinced me otherwise so far, not to mention I am going to have backpack with my camera and lenses with me as carry-on....as I said very individual

I am not arguing but we both know you cannot take H with you as carry-on baggage. It's too big, so none of the ideas convinced me otherwise so far, not to mention I am going to have backpack with my camera and lenses with me as carry-on....as I said very individual
I am not convinced that it cannot be taken as carry-on. I think it is quite possible, just need to find the right sized case and custom cut foam.

Steps to pack in a compliant case would include:
1. remove gimbal camera
2. turn H upside down and raise landing grear (props are already off, of course)
3. side arms remain locked in the raised position.
4. 2 front and 2 rear arms get lowered partially so that width will bit in a 14" wide case while still fitting in a case that is 9" tall outside.

Why don't you believe this will work? I've taken measurements and don't see why not. Certainly not an easy packing job, but not that difficult either.

I am a believer and would like to see this implementation, however I am sure if it's possible to carry two bags, one with drone and another with the camera in my case.

WOW! $375, that is almost 1/3 the price of the drone itself! Seriously that is expensive. I know it is to protect the thing but wow.
I got a few cases from Home Depot that are used for tools. I will let you guys know if they work out. Cost, $55.each. :)

Then again I never travel so what do I know. I may feel differently if I had to take it on a plane or the like.:)

I went in the local Home Depot store with the foam container from the H today and tried every box they had. Nothing fit except in the back with like storage unit cases you would use to store Christmas lights in the attic, they had a 27 Gallon black box with a yellow lid. there was some extra length so a pillow or foam insert would be needed but it was $11. I'm going to keep looking.

That seems to work pretty well but forcing folks to go to your Youtube video's description and then to your blog to click on referral links to Amazon in UK, etc. is not very nice, IMO. Probably violates forum policy.

Here is direct (non-referral) link to UK site for Amazon
Cabin Max Tallinn - Flight Approved Backpack for EasyJet & BA hand luggage: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

Here is direct link to U.S. site for Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Cabin-Max-Ta...proved+Backpack+for+EasyJet+&+BA+hand+luggage

That seems to work pretty well but forcing folks to go to your Youtube video's description and then to your blog to click on referral links to Amazon in UK, etc. is not very nice, IMO. Probably violates forum policy.

Here is direct (non-referral) link to UK site for Amazon
Cabin Max Tallinn - Flight Approved Backpack for EasyJet & BA hand luggage: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

Here is direct link to U.S. site for Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Cabin-Max-Tallinn-Approved-Backpack/dp/B00NTK9KCW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1465718498&sr=8-1&keywords=Cabin+Max+Tallinn+-+Flight+Approved+Backpack+for+EasyJet+&+BA+hand+luggage

The problem is i cant link to amazon.com, not allowed for europeans.
But it should be no problem to find it on the us site, and you have found it.
So anyways, important is, that you know about it and this case is really great in my opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig