Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO2 Gimbal not working...

Reaction score
Hello all,

I need your help. My gimbal is not working after a crash from my Q500+...
Whenever I turn on the power, it moves the motors too little and the following ring sounds:

Any ideas?

Hello guys,
Do you remember my gimbal with error (dead)?
Well, as an electronics engineer, I repaired the equipment.
See how gimbal is working beautifully:

I love this!

Hello tEaM, I'm new here lol. I have exactly the same problem with my Yuneec CGO2+, could you please tell me what you did to rectify the problem.
Kind regards
Andy

Hello Andy.
When the Q500 crashes, the gimbal suffers the same problem from the engines. ECSs overheat and burn.
In the case of the engine ESC, the replacement is simple. The gimbal ESCs are more difficult. They are very small chips. It's a complex replacement.

Hi tEaM
I too have the same problem and would love to know what you did to fix it. Sure it'll be complicated but I'm willing to have a go - given a clue where to start. There are plenty of videos explaining how to take these things apart and put them back together again but nothing close to your "This is the problem and I've fixed it". We just need a couple of pointers as to what needs to be fixed and that'll be grand.
Thanks
Simon

Hi Simon,
I apologize for the delay. I'm working (hard )on other project. I just got through the forum today.
To begin, you must dismantle the whole gimbal. Then check all the parts and make sure there are no problems with the wires.
If you have everything ok, the problem may be on the motherboard. In my case, the problem was a burned motor controller. But attention, the replacement of each electronic component, is not easy. You will need good repair equipment.
Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval