Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3 camera repair

Reaction score
After a crash of my Q500 4K the pictures from the CGO3 camera are not stabilised anylonger. I saw that three wires on the bottom plate are disconnected. Can anybody advise how to fix it?
Thanks in advance, GerardCGO3 problem.jpg

Many thanks for your quick response. The removal procedure of the three wires is clear to me.
Is it correct that the pigtail mentioned is already the one shown on the picture. I bought the drone from someone with a CGO2 camera installed and I replaced that camera with a new CGO3 camera using the wired connection to the body of the drone. So would this mean the gimbal also works without the bottom plate system?

Reactions: DoomMeister
Is it correct that the pigtail mentioned is already the one shown on the picture. I bought the drone from someone with a CGO2 camera installed and I replaced that camera with a new CGO3 camera using the wired connection to the body of the drone. So would this mean the gimbal also works without the bottom plate system?
Yes, the pigtail mentioned is the one shown in the picture. The camera should fully work from the pigtail if there is no other damage. The three loose wires should be removed to avoid any possibility of problems.
Please describe the behavior of the camera and of the gimbal if you remove the three loose wires, re-attach the dampers and remount the camera using the pigtail. Any movements, camera LED indications or any beeping sounds might provide some clues for troubleshooting.
Is the drone a Q500 4K, with power and control possible via extra contacts in the camera mount?
Was there any other damage done to the drone itself in the crash?

Reactions: DoomMeister
It is indeed a Q500 4K with the extra contacts. The drone survived the crash but the camera was separated from the body. I followed your instructions and surprisingly the camera is functioning again in spite of the fact that the system on the bottom plate is not used. I am surprised and happy!

Reactions: WTFDproject

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook