Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ Lens Hood

There's a link under the video on YT to ebay, Germany.
I tried to buy, but the address form couldn't accept my phone number.

I just ordered 4 to Canada...... I'm thinking it might be a waste however there is no video to confirm you don't see the hood in the video (I ASSUME it doesnt, or its going back for a refund).... Also; with the new camera that Yuneec is announcing (soon) - this likely will not work with it either... but I wanted a few spares in case it works great and falls off for some reason... shipping was not cheap for these...

I went to eBay Canada searched for "CG03+ Typhoon H Kamera" found the same add, but with english text for everything but the sellers text, then was able to order it, it calculated shipping to canada and everything for me....

I just exchanged emails with the guy making these. Very nice guy. I mentioned that some people are having a hard time ordering and he is going to look into it so see how to make possible for others to order them.

I'm looking for forward to getting mine. I will report how they work when I can try them out. It's winter here in Canada but we get a few chinooks here where the weather is good enough to fly.

Ps what's the matter with his forum lately. Posts are disappearing and the only way to recover it is the auto save feature seems to keep part of the message to repost if you finishing typing. This seems to happen tons lately.

Reactions: Graham
I just exchanged emails with the guy making these. Very nice guy. I mentioned that some people are having a hard time ordering and he is going to look into it so see how to make possible for others to order them.

I'm looking for forward to getting mine. I will report how they work when I can try them out. It's winter here in Canada but we get a few chinooks here where the weather is good enough to fly.

Ps what's the matter with his forum lately. Posts are disappearing and the only way to recover it is the auto save feature seems to keep part of the message to repost if you finishing typing. This seems to happen tons lately.
Posts disappearing? What are you ta................... :)

They arrived today, but unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate to test flare. They are made of a fine plastic, very light, possibly less than 0.5g and when stationary the camera will bear the load without issue. I'm not sure about flying fast with the camera pointed sideways, that might tax the gimbal motors. The colour is a shiny browny black. There's no evidence of vignetting with the version that fits the stock filter. The photo below was made from video with the lens hood fitted using Microsoft ICE.

Attachments

• Panorama evening from video.jpg
    Panorama evening from video.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 46
Bright Sun today so I was able to try the hood that fits the Polar Pro filters. It has 2 slots in the sides that allow to grip the filter and attach it to the camera. There isn't much gound clearance when the camera is facing downwards, so I did a gimbal calibration on a flat surface.
I noticed no effect on gimbal operation at speeds up to 40kmh. It works very well, blocking flare until the light source is within a few degrees of the camera's field of view. I can see myself using these hoods routinely on sunny days. Very happy.:)

Reactions: Markinter
Hi guys, I'm the 'very nice guy' - thanks a lot for this compliment:D -who produces the hoods. If you have any problems with the hoods, send me a mail and I will solve it. It may be, that the paint is not very resistant against scratches. You can color it with a black foil marker. I'm still working to find a better color, but I have'nt found it until now. Actually I have new hoods for the freewell filter.
I wish you all the best and allways good flights with your TH:)
Chris

Reactions: NoCoOutdoorGuys
Hello Larry, I built up a distribution for USA. I think in about 14 days you are able to buy the hoods here officially.
For further informations send me a PM.
Yours, Chris

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval