Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3 will not stop recording, which is resulting in lost video files

Reaction score
New Typhoon 4K owner and pilot here. Out of the box yesterday and test flight went flawless, never lost signal, and recorded a number of passes. Shut it down and took it inside to review footage. All files were zero bytes. We did a test inside with recording and got the red "camera not responding" line, and the timer indicated the camera kept recording after pressing stop. Also noticed the camera kept flashing green and blue to indicate it was still in record mode.

It recorded indoors in HD, but never got a full 4K recording to work. Still had issues with the camera not stopping recording.

Firmware is newer than the download versions on the website. Using Class 10 cards, tried to recover files, no bueno.

I'm going to try rebinding everything and see if that helps. Anyone else have this problem?

I have not seen that before, however I do get the connection to camera failed every once in a while. I typically let it sit there for a moment and wait until the top of the screen says hello pilot. Default out of the box I think the camera is in 1080 HD and you would need to get the camera successfully connected before you can adjust in the lower right gear icon. Let us know what happens with rebind.

Are you holding the record button in for a second or two or just a quick touch. Try it both ways. If it still doesn't work go to hardware monitor and check the record button to see if it is working.

Are you holding the record button in for a second or two or just a quick touch. Try it both ways. If it still doesn't work go to hardware monitor and check the record button to see if it is working.
I'm not holding the record button. I read the forum comments about quick tapping, and I'm doing that. Will check the record button via the hardware monitor and let you know. Thanks for that.

I have not seen that before, however I do get the connection to camera failed every once in a while. I typically let it sit there for a moment and wait until the top of the screen says hello pilot. Default out of the box I think the camera is in 1080 HD and you would need to get the camera successfully connected before you can adjust in the lower right gear icon. Let us know what happens with rebind.
Rebind was straightforward and quite easy. Out of the box it was defaulted to 4k. Changed it to HD when we started having issues, and it still wouldn't shut the camera off.

I just went and did a flight test after getting two good 4K recordings on the ground, and in the air I was getting good start/stop indicators on two recordings, set it down and the LED was solid green, so I thought I was good to shut it off. Took the SD card inside and only had one zero byte file. So now I'm waiting for tech support. Gonna try to check the record button with the hardware monitor, as per Steve Carr's suggestion.

Rebind was straightforward and quite easy. Out of the box it was defaulted to 4k. Changed it to HD when we started having issues, and it still wouldn't shut the camera off.

I just went and did a flight test after getting two good 4K recordings on the ground, and in the air I was getting good start/stop indicators on two recordings, set it down and the LED was solid green, so I thought I was good to shut it off. Took the SD card inside and only had one zero byte file. So now I'm waiting for tech support. Gonna try to check the record button with the hardware monitor, as per Steve Carr's suggestion.
Ok, let us know what they are able to find. One other thing you can try is downloading the app to your mobile phone and try to connect to camera and see if it works that way. On Play Store it is called CGO, not sure about iphone app.

UPDATE: Hardware monitor indicated a good record button.

Called Yuneec Tech support, she had me go through a couple of things, and then try to start/stop record. Evidently it's a problem it shipped with, so we're going to do an exchange from the company purchased from. Yuneec could repair it, but an exchange should be faster and better, hopefully.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Glad to hear about the exchange. That is so much faster than sending it in for repair.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval