Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Clean Install of Flytron Strobeon Strobes

Reaction score
I just completed installing Flytron Strobeon strobes on my TH and there IS NO PERMANENT modifications or damage to the drone. You WILL have to modify the case foam to accommodate the strobes though (not a big deal. Easy to do). All of the strobes can be removed if so desired (you can remove the landing pad strobes by gently heating the strobes with a heat gun).

I took a 700mAh 3.7v battery from my Syma X5SW drone and attached it horizontally with velcro to the back of the camera gimbal mount. This prevents any interference with the camera rotation.

I then soldered a female end of the battery connector along with two addition 24g wires (2 positive and 2 negative for a total of three wires in each strobe wire connector, use a small drill bit to gently enlarge the holes in the strobe if needed) to a red strobeon strobe (in Rotating Beacon Mode) which I mounted with two-sided foam tape between the TH's status indicator strobe and the battery.

I ran one set (one positive and one negative) of wires down each landing gear, leaving enough slack to the top for the landing gear to raise and lower, to the rear landing gear foam pad. I used electrical tape to secure the wires along the landing gear. I then ran two wires from the rear landing gear pad to the front landing gear pad, again securing with tape along the way.

I then cut the rear landing gear wires just long enough to solder the two wires (2 positive, 2 negative) to another red strobeon strobe in strobe mode and then hot glued the strobe to the rear landing gear pad.

I did the same for the front landing gear pad using a white strobeon strobe in strobe mode. I then repeated the process for the opposite side landing gear.

I then used black 1/2" split loom to cover the wires on the landing gears and secured the split loom with electrical tape in a few places. You could get creative with the tape on the split loom on the landing gear like using yellow in a wrapped design like a caution sign.

To turn the strobes on, simply plug in the battery. I have been running these strobes for hours and the battery has barely had any drain so I'm guessing they will last a long time between charging the battery.

Just wanted to share just in case anyone has been trying to figure out how to mount strobes on their drones.

I'm happy to answer any questions anyone has regarding my install! :)

20160730_100026.jpg
20160730_100049.jpg
20160730_095911.jpg
20160730_095426.jpg
20160730_095924.jpg
20160730_095402.jpg

Attachments

• 20160730_095440.jpg
    20160730_095440.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Holy mackerel you went to a lot of trouble to do that. Nice mod, dude! In fact, you are to be congratulated...you're lit up like an x-mas tree! :)

Reactions: BFD400
Holy mackerel you went to a lot of trouble to do that. Nice mod, dude! In fact, you are to be congratulated...you're lit up like an x-mas tree! :)

Thanks John! That is exactly what my wife said. Didn't take long to actually do the mod. More brain power deciding how I wanted to do it. :rolleyes:

I just completed installing Flytron Strobeon strobes on my TH and there IS NO PERMANENT modifications or damage to the drone. You WILL have to modify the case foam to accommodate the strobes though (not a big deal. Easy to do). All of the strobes can be removed if so desired (you can remove the landing pad strobes by gently heating the strobes with a heat gun).

I took a 700mAh 3.7v battery from my Syma X5SW drone and attached it horizontally with velcro to the back of the camera gimbal mount. This prevents any interference with the camera rotation.

I then soldered a female end of the battery connector along with two addition 24g wires (2 positive and 2 negative for a total of three wires in each strobe wire connector, use a small drill bit to gently enlarge the holes in the strobe if needed) to a red strobeon strobe (in Rotating Beacon Mode) which I mounted with two-sided foam tape between the TH's status indicator strobe and the battery.

I ran one set (one positive and one negative) of wires down each landing gear, leaving enough slack to the top for the landing gear to raise and lower, to the rear landing gear foam pad. I used electrical tape to secure the wires along the landing gear. I then ran two wires from the rear landing gear pad to the front landing gear pad, again securing with tape along the way.

I then cut the rear landing gear wires just long enough to solder the two wires (2 positive, 2 negative) to another red strobeon strobe in strobe mode and then hot glued the strobe to the rear landing gear pad.

I did the same for the front landing gear pad using a white strobeon strobe in strobe mode. I then repeated the process for the opposite side landing gear.

I then used black 1/2" split loom to cover the wires on the landing gears and secured the split loom with electrical tape in a few places. You could get creative with the tape on the split loom on the landing gear like using yellow in a wrapped design like a caution sign.

To turn the strobes on, simply plug in the battery. I have been running these strobes for hours and the battery has barely had any drain so I'm guessing they will last a long time between charging the battery.

Just wanted to share just in case anyone has been trying to figure out how to mount strobes on their drones.

I'm happy to answer any questions anyone has regarding my install! :)

View attachment 2256
View attachment 2257
View attachment 2258
View attachment 2259
View attachment 2261
View attachment 2262

Very nice job!

Reactions: BFD400

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members