Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cold weather

Reaction score
I had to buy a new phone and all my downloads are gone including the h manual. When i woke up it was 22 f so what is the coldest temperature f that is without problems if any.

Yes I was out flying for the first time in months as we are still under lockdown ? It was cold and the camera refused to connect. I checked and cleaned the contacts problems still there. Then I got a warning that their wasn't a memory card installed? I checked as I thought that I had one fitted!! Yes I had fitted one, so I yust removed it and gave it a little clean with a soft eyeglass cloth. Forgot to mention that I had also restarted the drone and tranny several times also but nothing? Lockley I got the camera working and the memory card was recognized also so I had two nice uneventful flights before the rain came over and once again I retired back to the car aster packing up. I got app 15 min on each battery which wasn't bad. I believe that the cause of my problems was caused by the temperature change from my home to the temp outside properly causing condensation on the electrical contacts??
Cheers.
Mike

Probably condensation
Although sometimes my SD card doesn't show up until I take it out and put it back in at home

I keep everything room temperature until walking out the back door or getting out of a car. I am mindful of condensation, when finished, I only worry about cold to warm humid environments. I've had condensation, on occasion, but everything is in a non-operating state (I'm done). Keeping extra batteries from getting too cold was an issue, but that was easily solved...

Just remember flying in cold temps also provide for ideal conditions that large manned airplanes face. Icing on the props happen when the temps drop down below freezing.
This is the second time in 6 years of flying drones this has happened to me. Not much fun trying to land a drone that is all iced over.
Early morning frost that did not seem to bad at ground level but at 200 feet it was another story. A very bouncing landing but managed to get her down safely.
Rime ice is an opaque, or milky white, deposit of ice that forms when the drone is flying through filmy/stratiform clouds. It is dependent on a low rate of catch of small supercooled water droplets.

My old Autel X-Star with iced up props.

20201201_100238.jpg

20201201_100250.jpg

Reactions: Mike Irish
Yes I was out flying for the first time in months as we are still under lockdown ? It was cold and the camera refused to connect. I checked and cleaned the contacts problems still there. Then I got a warning that their wasn't a memory card installed? I checked as I thought that I had one fitted!! Yes I had fitted one, so I yust removed it and gave it a little clean with a soft eyeglass cloth. Forgot to mention that I had also restarted the drone and tranny several times also but nothing? Lockley I got the camera working and the memory card was recognized also so I had two nice uneventful flights before the rain came over and once again I retired back to the car aster packing up. I got app 15 min on each battery which wasn't bad. I believe that the cause of my problems was caused by the temperature change from my home to the temp outside properly causing condensation on the electrical contacts??
Cheers.
Mike
I had 2 SD cards and ST16 didn't see them. The PC saw them and started them. ST16 no and no. I fired them. The fault is not in ST16.

Reactions: Mike Irish
I had 2 SD cards and ST16 didn't see them. The PC saw them and started them. ST16 no and no. I fired them. The fault is not in ST16.
Thank you for input. The cards that I use are fine and have worked flawlessly from new. I think my problem was related to CONDENSATION forming in and on the camere due to temperature change in cold weather. Memory card choice and quality do play a big part with the camera but not in this case.
Regards.
Mike

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval