Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Compass Calibration

Reaction score
I purchased my Q500 from a private owner in Livermore California. Which is in the Northern part of California. I live in the central part of Calif. around Bakersfield. I powered up my Q for its first flight and all light indicators gave me the okay to fly. I have not done a compass check yet and have to this writing no problems.The 1 thing I do try and do is start in true North. The reason for this post is all the back and forth about the Typhoon compass calibration.Now on my xk 380 I always do the dance prior to every flight. I think it is just a confidence thing.

I purchased my Q500 from a private owner in Livermore California. Which is in the Northern part of California. I live in the central part of Calif. around Bakersfield. I powered up my Q for its first flight and all light indicators gave me the okay to fly. I have not done a compass check yet and have to this writing no problems.The 1 thing I do try and do is start in true North. The reason for this post is all the back and forth about the Typhoon compass calibration.Now on my xk 380 I always do the dance prior to every flight. I think it is just a confidence thing.
It's your choice! And wish you safe flying !;)

Ever since my Q500 flew away 2 months ago, I now do a Compass calibration on my replacement drone, before each flight. First, I point it north (or true north, what ever my compass on my I-phone tells me), then go through the procedures shown in their web video. I then place it back on the ground, in the same direction as I started, and listen for the beep indicating that the calibration was completed. I was told by Yuneec, that a compass calibration should be performed if you fly in a location that is 25 miles from your last compass calibration. I don't know if this is mandatory, but so far, my Q0500 has performed fairly well, and not flown away.

Reactions: Cranky Trapper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430