Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Connection Issues

Reaction score
Hi All, Just got my Q500+. So far I Like it much better than my DJI Vision 2+ which had a nasty habit of flying away at high speed and ending in crashes that eventually ruined the camera gimble. This system is stable, not sluggish as many have said. I would call the DJI twitchy while the Typhoon is more controllable. That said I have had several lost connection issues, a particularly scary one last night. I was flying around 400 feet getting a sunset shot. Had it coming back towards me when the controller lost connection. It started drifting off on it's own I had no video link and by this point couldn't see or hear it. Luckily I put it in home mode and it regained connection and came back. Needless to say, this is a major concern. It wasn't that far from me and actually was getting closer when the connection dropped. What is your experience with this issue? Here's the video, at the end you can see it moving off on it's own:
. Any feedback would be highly appreciated THANKS!

I posted the same question, apparently just you and I are having this concern. We are on our own.

Hey Jimmer, From my searching the web we are not alone. Actually mine is the 4K. Anyway after almost completely destroying the DJI due to fly-offs, I decided to invest in this to prevent connection issues:ITELITE DBS YUNEEC Q500's/PHANTOM 1/2 Models (ITE-DBS01)
I have yet to install it but will report back when I can.
Very interested in seeing your review. Was going to email Frank and ask about this... Please let me know!

Okay, finally got it installed today. Have only taken a quick flight as it's getting dark and cold early. But first impression is I definitely had more WiFi bars than before. Will post again when I can go longer and test distances.

Okay, finally got it installed today. Have only taken a quick flight as it's getting dark and cold early. But first impression is I definitely had more WiFi bars than before. Will post again when I can go longer and test distances.
Awesome!!

I too upgraded to the itelite. Not imoressed. I notice no difference. Was wondering if a firmware update is needed.

I too upgraded to the itelite. Not imoressed. I notice no difference. Was wondering if a firmware update is needed.
What were you getting for distance? I installed one last weekend and I got out to 2400 feet at 200 foot up. I expected more.

What were you getting for distance? I installed one last weekend and I got out to 2400 feet at 200 foot up. I expected more.
I'm not getting anymore than before. Around 2000 ft. Just found out you need to make sure the 5.8 wire is not touching the wif fi wire inside the controller. Makes a huge difference in guess. When I make the changes I'll read post.

Hmm Sorry for the delay, but I definitely notice a difference. I've not had a disconnect since I added the Carolina Dronz WiFi extender. That in itself seems worth the coin to me. Scary when you have no idea what the Typhoon is doing...

Hmm Sorry for the delay, but I definitely notice a difference. I've not had a disconnect since I added the Carolina Dronz WiFi extender. That in itself seems worth the coin to me. Scary when you have no idea what the Typhoon is doing...
Wish I could say that. Has to send mine to Carolina dronz. Been there a week now and no word. I hope they figure out. My original setup worked much better. Now my warranty is void because of the modification.

Really? The only thing I would ask is did you make sure you made the right WiFi connections on the board? It's easy to get them mixed up and a pain in the *** making sure the connection is tight.

Really? The only thing I would ask is did you make sure you made the right WiFi connections on the board? It's easy to get them mixed up and a pain in the *** making sure the connection is tight.
Yes. I sent them a picture my set up. He said it looked great. He was puzzled and wanted to look at it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval