Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Connection problem.

Reaction score
I went to kav service to have a few problems fixed. The 3 wires had already been repaired and they fixed the SD flying out of the camera. I flew it there and all was a_ok. I flew it here and all was fine. Today the WiFi wouldn't connect but the screen came on but the camera didn't connect to the drone and it wouldn't start. I tried at home and the camera went upward but would not respond to the dial on the side of the st12. That has never been a problem. What am I missing?

the camera didn't connect to the drone and it wouldn't start.

The first thought is that you have lost bind between the controller and the drone. You should delete the existing model, create a new model, and bind to the new model. There are several good you tube videos that describe the normal bind process. It that does not work, please post back what you are seeing.

Note: I am assuming you have a Q500. This post is in the Q500 Forum, and there were actually a few Q500s that came with the ST12. If you have a Typhoon H, it will be a somewhat different conversation. Please be sure to clarify which drone you have.

Last edited:
Thanks. it seemed to bind right away with the brrup sound. The pigtail was plugged in and I turned the rc off and back on again. Nothing.

Thanks. it seemed to bind right away with the brrup sound.

There is no "brrup" in binding.
Both the controller and the drone make this sound when first powered on. It does not indicate a bind. It just means the equipment has power and is booting up. Did you review the Binding video?

I know how to bind but today when I went to push calibrate it wouldn't open so I assumed it was bound. Could there be something I might have done looking at the different internal sights of electronic mystery with colors and numbers. Don't think so but I have a 15 minute appointment tomorrow. Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Don't think so but I have a 15 minute appointment tomorrow.
If you have a Q500, you can use this binding verification document to see where the process is failing. That would give you some information to take to your appointment tomorrow.

Reactions: oldfhat
When you check the various options on the screen you can go into different modes of info. On the screen it lists bind and several other things like hardware etc. When you press bind on the screen it will say binding successful. Mine did so the problem must lie elsewhere. It could simply be an easy fix but don't know. I'll have to try again today.

When you check the various options on the screen you can go into different modes of info. On the screen it lists bind and several other things like hardware etc. When you press bind on the screen it will say binding successful. Mine did so the problem must lie elsewhere. It could simply be an easy fix but don't know. I'll have to try again today.
Sounds like the screens on your ST12 are a lot more different from an ST10 than I thought. There are other steps involved on an ST10. I don't have an ST12, and I can't find a real manual on the internet. The abbreviated manuals I see describe binding to craft other than Q500.
IF KAV can't help you, let us know. I will be happy to try to help, but it may involve uploads of screens shots to help me understand what you have. There are a couple of other Forum members that own the Q500/ST12 combination. Maybe one of them will see this thread and recognize the symptoms.

Thanks for the info. I have a phone appointment at noon from yuneec and will see what they have to say.

After speaking with tech help for a long time the problem was not solved but after a 3 minute talk with kav the problem was fixed. It couldn't have been simpler to correct. Thanks Russ. Ma bad!

@Peter b , it would be nice if you would share what you learned so others could benefit from your experience. It is forum etiquette to share the resolution to a problem you posted asking for help.

Reactions: Jafo
It was something simple and was fixed in minutes. If your drone is bound according to the screen but even if the icons show but read n/a on Everything, chances are binding is indeed the issue. After going through the entire process with yuneec I talked with Russ at kav and after doing his suggestions the answer was lifting the battery end of the drone and lifting it at about 45 degree angle and the light became the correct color. Flew it right after and now I can ?

Please accept my apology Peter. I was not polite in pointing out how we do things on the forum and am sorry for being so blunt in my response to you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guardianangelstowing