Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Connection ST16 to H920+ failed

Reaction score
I have a Tornado H920, modified to 920+ by Yuneec DE.
It still works perfectly well.
But yesterday the connection between ST16 and the H920 + failed and I got the message “The FlightMode application has stopped”.
Do you have a solution?
Thank you

Neues Model anlegen und dieses neu binden.
Manchmal reicht es auch den Caches der FlugApp zu leeren.
Dies passiert meistens, wenn sich zu viele Daten angesammelt haben.
Es ist auch ratsam, die Aufnahmen auf der ST-16 von Zeit zu Zeit zu löschen,
da diese viel Platz vom internen Speicher wegnehmen.

Google Translate:

Create a new model and bind it again.
Sometimes it is enough to empty the FlugApp's (flight mode app) caches.
This usually happens when too much data has accumulated.
It is also advisable to delete the recordings on the ST-16 from time to time,
because they take up a lot of space from the internal memory

Last edited by a moderator:
I come back to the ST16 / H920 + blocking and the mention "the flightmode application has stopped".

A friend who lives in the USA brought me his ST16, which had become useless after a crash of his H480.

It was while trying to pair it that the blocking problem come.

Even my original ST16 no longer communicates!

My question: is the US model different from the EU models?

By checking the components, I noticed that it is the connection with the CGO4 which is at fault.

This camera no longer works if I install it on the ProAction!

Would a firmware update be possible?

Since I do not speak English, I have my German text translated by DeepL . I hope you understand me.

Every ST-16 works with the Tornado H920+
There are no differences. Differences are only in the firmware for the CGO3+ Cam from Typhoon H... but this does not apply to the Tornado.

There were no updates for the Tornado H920+, nor for the CGO4. For the ST-16, it's already 3 years since the last update.

Reset the ST-16 to the factory settings once... then create a new model and rebind it.

Do you see the WLan on your cell phone regarding the CGO4? If not, then probably the wifi module in the CGO4 is defective.

If the CGO is displayed on the handset but not on the ST-16, then either the WIFI board of the ST-16 is defective or the Wifi on the ST-16 is switched off.

Unfortunately I am too far away from you, otherwise you are welcome to come by with your bird :)

Best regards from Switzerland,
Enrico

thank you for your reply! My language is French and I understand your difficulties in English! The CGO4 image and controls are well displayed on the tablet, and I can close the lens! How do you go about resetting the ST16 to factory settings? I checked: the ST16's WiFi is ON.

In "PAD" mode on the ST-16, there is a menu item under the settings: Reset.

Since I don't have a ST-16 at hand at the moment, I can't say for sure... maybe somebody else can help you.

thank you for your reply! My language is French and I understand your difficulties in English! The CGO4 image and controls are well displayed on the tablet, and I can close the lens! How do you go about resetting the ST16 to factory settings? I checked: the ST16's WiFi is ON.
Here are two video tutorials. The first is straight forward and performs the reset without a lot of fuss. The second deals with backing up your FlightLog data before doing the reset. If you don’t need the FlightLog backed up, then just use the first video.

Google Translate:

Voici deux didacticiels vidéo. Le premier est simple et effectue la réinitialisation sans trop de bruit. La seconde traite de la sauvegarde de vos données FlightLog avant de procéder à la réinitialisation. Si vous n'avez pas besoin de sauvegarder FlightLog, utilisez simplement la première vidéo.

The only difference for you will be binding to the 920+ and CGO4 Instead of the TH and CGO3+.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Further investigation: I have successfully paired the ST16 with another drone, a Typhoon H (480)! The problem therefore comes from H920 + / CGO4. An idea of reset? Thanks

Had you tried creating a new model for the 920+ and binding to it?

Does the system not bind at all, or is it just the aircraft binds and camera doesn’t, or visa versa?

Power up the aircraft with the camera attached. See if you are able the connect to the WiFi AP of the CGO4 with your phone or computer. If you can connect to the camera that way, power on the ST16, go to Pad, pull down the WiFi menu for the ST16 select the CGO4 WiFi and select forget. Once it reappears select connect and enter the password 1234567890. Now press the Home button and try binding the aircraft and camera in the Bind menu.

Everything is OK now! Even the focus by touching the screen: reset camera, at the bottom of the settings menu. Thanks everyone!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33