Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Crashed Yuneec Breeze Beyond Repair. How To Retrieve Video.

Reaction score
My Yuneec Breeze has apparently met its ignominious end by crashing into the roof of my neighbour's garage. The Power switch is damaged and I can't see a way to turn the drone back on, long enough to reconnect to wifi and therefore enabling me to download what video there was.

Is there a way to retrieve video footage, now that my drone is headed for the scrap yard?

Thanks

Only if you can bypass the switch and power up the drone. I’ll see what I can come up with sometime tomorrow.

Reactions: Avesraggiana
The whole bottom panel covering the switch and the main board can be popped off. That should allow you to get to the momentary power switch with your finger and turn it on.

Could you post a picture of the carnage? Then we can suggest how you might fire it up.

Last edited:
@Avesraggiana if the bottom cover is not already off from the crash remove it now. With the battery out use a small flat bladed screwdriver to carefully separate it in the battery compartment.
6E56FD79-8416-4784-B196-D38C5763D3CA.jpeg
Then work your way along each side releasing the tabs. At the front near the camera pull the bottom cover forward away from the camera to avoid damage to the small tabs there.
3E339F04-68EA-43C1-B6D8-98716DCFD022.jpeg

371135F3-40F2-46E8-B98D-04069886CD8F.jpeg

You should now be able to see the switch PCB at the rear of the drone. Place a battery in the aircraft and hold the black button on the switch until the Breeze powers up.
53FE5556-C7BC-46E9-A812-DD71AB3C12F9.jpeg
If this fails or the circuit board is broken let me know. Use the switch to power down like normal when you are through.

If you are not going to repair or replace the Breeze consider selling the individual parts that are good. Many still look for parts to do repairs.

The whole bottom panel covering the switch and the main board can be popped off. That should allow you to get to the momentary power switch with your finger and turn it on.

Could you post a picture of the carnage? Then we can suggest how you might fire it up.

Thanks so much for your input. Unfortunately for me, there’s not much that I can see under where the POWER button would have been. All I see is a circuit board-thingy with bits of solder.

I’ve been trying to upload photos but my skills end at COPY and PASTE. I haven’t been able to use any of the icons in the panel immediately above either. Oh, wait. I just noticed the Attach Files icon. Stand by:

Attachments

• 64B45209-61FD-4E78-8F98-6A5F0D238E33.jpeg
    64B45209-61FD-4E78-8F98-6A5F0D238E33.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 12
  • 979CBB7F-1E79-47DA-801D-01E1D835980F.jpeg
    979CBB7F-1E79-47DA-801D-01E1D835980F.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
@Avesraggiana if the bottom cover is not already off from the crash remove it now. With the battery out use a small flat bladed screwdriver to carefully separate it in the battery compartment.
View attachment 21352
Then work your way along each side releasing the tabs. At the front near the camera pull the bottom cover forward away from the camera to avoid damage to the small tabs there.
View attachment 21350

View attachment 21351

You should now be able to see the switch PCB at the rear of the drone. Place a battery in the aircraft and hold the black button on the switch until the Breeze powers up.
View attachment 21353
If this fails or the circuit board is broken let me know. Use the switch to power down like normal when you are through.

If you are not going to repair or replace the Breeze consider selling the individual parts that are good. Many still look for parts to do repairs.

Thank you so much. I just opened up this thread. Would ebay be a good place to part my drone out?

In the meantime, I’ going to attempt to power up the drone using the steps you outlined.

I’m now dithering between replacing my drone with a used drone from ebay, or just going in a completely different direction ie DJI MAVIC, etc. I consider myself a novice drone flyer and my chief interest is in selfie drone flying and drones compact enough to take on travels.

Last edited:
If you look at your first photo you can see that the switch that is in mine photo is missing. To power the Breeze up take a paper clip and bend it so it forms a U shape that the open end matches the distance between the top and bottom solder pad where the switch used to be mounted.

Then use it to touch both pads at the same time and hold it there until the drone powers up through the rising tones. You can then download your photos and videos. Use the same procedure to power the Breeze off, shorting the pads until you here the falling tones.

What kind of shape is the bottom cover in? You may be able to buy a switch PCB and keep this one flying as long as it powers up OK.

What kind of shape is the bottom cover in? You may be able to buy a switch PCB and keep this one flying as long as it powers up OK.

Your paper clip trick worked like a charm. Remaining video files successfully recovered. Once again, thank you very much for walking me through this.

I'm now inclined to just part out my Breeze on eBay. More than the PCB and the PCB housing was damaged. The two back legs of the Breeze are now missing their little flat metal pieces attached to thin wires that were concealed inside the landing struts. I think my drone is damaged beyond repair. Even at power up, I did not get the usual three tone rising chime, just flashing blue lights telling me that the drone was very to bind with my phone. I was really quite surprised that I was able to retrieve the video at all.

My next step is put everything in the box that my drone and controller came in and sell the whole lot under one price on eBay. Then I'll turn around and by another Breeze 4K, probably used. Or I'll buy something similar. +

Thanks again.

Try powering it up and connecting then open Breeze Cam. Tap on Tasks and report the condition of all the telemetry icons battery, IRS, Flow sensor, GPS, satellites, compass, and IMU. Do you get a video feed from the camera? This will give me an idea of what is and isn’t working.

Try powering it up and connecting then open Breeze Cam. Tap on Tasks and report the condition of all the telemetry icons battery, IRS, Flow sensor, GPS, satellites, compass, and IMU. Do you get a video feed from the camera? This will give me an idea of what is and isn’t working.

Here are some screenshots I took, the last time I powered it up. I am getting a video feed, as you can see below. I attempted to use TAKEOFF but got the warning about the compass, and could go no further.

Also, as you can see, the hardware concealed in all four legs has either broken off or is missing.

Also, the bottom half of the plastic housing is cracked around the POWER switch.

Attachments

• B6C41F44-0C98-42DA-8E14-D16A41F3ECCE.png
    B6C41F44-0C98-42DA-8E14-D16A41F3ECCE.png
    13.7 MB · Views: 8
  • 90CA7154-8FC8-4A43-AC1E-A58D93840DA1.jpeg
    90CA7154-8FC8-4A43-AC1E-A58D93840DA1.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 7
  • 1469F7F2-CD32-448D-BEB1-BF10479860FA.jpeg
    1469F7F2-CD32-448D-BEB1-BF10479860FA.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 7
  • 4DC54552-BCEA-4589-A687-B245A83839F2.png
    4DC54552-BCEA-4589-A687-B245A83839F2.png
    5 MB · Views: 7
  • DA41C410-920D-4D95-8705-D6E58A0B6BD6.png
    DA41C410-920D-4D95-8705-D6E58A0B6BD6.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
The compass is the small square PCB under the power switch board at the rear. It may have gotten damaged along with the power switch board. You should be able to get a few dollars for the working parts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval