Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Curves or Joystick retention.

Reaction score
Hello gang,

I was just wondering if there is a secret menu for the curves adjustment, or has any of you manually adjust or set the joystick retention manually towards the“hard” setting?”

Hello gang,

I was just wondering if there is a secret menu for the curves adjustment, or has any of you manually adjust or set the joystick retention manually towards the“hard” setting?”
we would all like to be able to adjust the stick curves, the speed of the C23 tilt, and so on. We really have the impression that the specifications of the PLUS have not been realized taking into account the possibilities of the 480 :rolleyes:
waste of time, money and bad marketing o_O

we would all like to be able to adjust the stick curves, the speed of the C23 tilt, and so on. We really have the impression that the specifications of the PLUS have not been realized taking into account the possibilities of the 480 :rolleyes:
waste of time, money and bad marketing o_O

I would just like to dampen mine at 60%-75% from the center stick. I haven’t paid attention to the tilt since I only fly either looking down or straight forward [emoji23]

If those are rubber bands crossing the gimbal to add resistance to stick movement I can’t see where they will help anything that a coordinated thumb won’t do for free.

Reactions: record.play.rewind
It’s nothing fancy, but this could be the solution to that jerky rudder movement.

Remote Controller Yaw Pitch Controller Rocker 3D Printed For YUNEEC Typhoon H480 | eBay

Do not remember who gave me this idea, but it was posted on this board... I achieved a similar result by removing the stick knobs, and resetting the knob locks to the minimum... so there was only about 3-4 threads for the knob to twist onto before locking. This effectively lengthened the sticks by about a ¼ inch... resulting in a less sensitive stick movement.

Reactions: record.play.rewind
If those are rubber bands crossing the gimbal to add resistance to stick movement I can’t see where they will help anything that a coordinated thumb won’t do for free.

No matter how you train your thumb in taming the left stick the problem will not go away, when entering into a manual orbital maneuver a small movement to the left stick will cause the craft to miss its target and end up either in misaligned entry and or half way through the manuver, will ruin the shot due to a slight yaw/rudder movement. I feel as though the expo/curve is set at 0 to 10 and ideally with aerial cinematography that expo should be at 0 to -20 (or -30) creating a negative arc instead of a positive S curve, and the travel on those Joysticks is toooooo **** long and soft. Like you guys, I am not new to flying drones, and RC I don't fly my helis or airplanes straight. I was one of the first generations in 3D with under Thunder Tiger, flying mostly raptors due to sponsorhips, and I was one of the guys that some AMA folks don't want in their clubs, but always gets an invite to entertain the crowds. But in order to get precise movements, it's critical that the controls are trimmed properly.

This is not new, but deja vu when Phantom 1 had this problem, however the P1 had a tension adjustment in the back of the joystick controls.

Reactions: AeriaL
Do not remember who gave me this idea, but it was posted on this board... I achieved a similar result by removing the stick knobs, and resetting the knob locks to the minimum... so there was only about 3-4 threads for the knob to twist onto before locking. This effectively lengthened the sticks by about a ¼ inch... resulting in a less sensitive stick movement.

Thanks for confirming this. I am an hour before I start work, and I might just try this. Thank you, so much!

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video

I tried it today, it feels good, but it's not great as of yet. I'm planning to shave off a bit off the top to get left stick even lower. But it works, bro.. BIG THUMBS UP!

It's all about passing on the knowledge... I am living proof. Never flew before the H. Nearest pilot I know on this board... 450 miles away. I have only flown alone. Probably about 90%+ of my knowledge, has come directly from information and links from this board.

Reactions: rdonson
I am not new to flying drones, and RC I don't fly my helis or airplanes straight. I was one of the first generations in 3D with under Thunder Tiger, flying mostly raptors...

Somewhat similar here. I think I was ProBro member 990 something, flying home built profiles in 3D. Tried gyros once and found them too slow in reaction to get torque rolls and hovers right. JR radios and the fastest servos I could buy...:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerfectPlanqa