Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

difference between chroma and q500

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me what the differences are as i was always told they are the same apart from looks. I want to know really if all q500 camera gear etc will work on our chroma. I only use it as a back up drone so wondered if it was worth selling the gopro and getting a proper camera for it so we can gain more functionality in the air.

Thanks
Mick

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me what the differences are as i was always told they are the same apart from looks. I want to know really if all q500 camera gear etc will work on our chroma. I only use it as a back up drone so wondered if it was worth selling the gopro and getting a proper camera for it so we can gain more functionality in the air.

Thanks
Mick

I can tell you from personal experience that many parts will interchange. I found a great deal on a Yuneec 4K camera and gimbal($100.00) and took a roll of the dice and bought it. Took it home and as you can see it bolted right up. I kinda like the black camera with the white bird..but that's me.

Additionally, the top piece of the GoPro camera gimbal cracked (as did many others) Horizon wouldn't/couldn't sell just the top mount. However, their tech was more than happy to take my name, email address, phone number with the promise to find a replacement. Silly me I waited, waited and waited. So much for Horizon's great service department.

I then took another roll of the dice and bought a $9.95 Yuneec(in black of course) complete GoPro gimbal mount. The top of the Yuneec mount wasn't quite as wide as the Blade mount. Also, there was a difference in shape. So I doubled up on the isolators(hot gluing them end to end) and instant replacement. Being the overly cautious type I placed a tiny cable tie on two opposing isolators(just in case). Twenty-five flights later my repair is still working.

Attachments

• Blade with Yuneec camera 1.jpg
    Blade with Yuneec camera 1.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 18
  • Blade with Yuneec camera 2.jpg
    Blade with Yuneec camera 2.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 20

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members