Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

DNGs What do I do with them?

Reaction score
I know what these things are.. they are RAW for Adobe.
But I don't have Photoshop. I have Paintshop Pro. Photoshop is overwhelming for me, and quite expensive!
Paintshop Pro opens them, but they are smaller and lower quality than the JPGs.
So, what are my options here?

I'm using Luminar 2018 to edit dng files. Then export as a jpg. The final product is much better than the jpg file from the sd card.

Reactions: PaulEden
Check out Lightroom and maybe even photoshop elements. Not as powerful as photoshop, but less expensive as well.

Trial versions should be available, as with other programs, to see what might fit your style as well as budget.

Good luck!

JEFF

There are several free online image converters... below is one
(maximum file size with the free service is 50 MB):

ZamZar Image Converter

To retain the original image quality, choose TIF as the selected image output format.

Reactions: Steve Carr
There is a plug-in for paint.net to work with raw files called "Raw File Typ". I did not check it but maybe it helps.

Another free application is "Rawtherapee". It has a lot of fuction but is easier to use because it is only for that purpose. It has good tutorials available and is feasable for beginners up to experts.

br HE

I will echo the suggestion for Photoshop Elements. I bought it (on sale) just for the ability to open DNG files from Yuneec.

I tried Aftershot 3 but it can't read Yuneec DNG files which is really odd since Paintshop Pro can read them. Problem is the ability to adjust key elements of the "RAW" image is rudimentry at best. When I asked Corel support about this I got nothing useful from them.

As for Paintshop Pro it still is my favorite tool for editing pictures AFTER they have been PROCESSED/ADJUSTED through Photoshop Element's raw engine.

Cmon Corel, get a clue and add Yuneec's DNG to Aftershot 3!!!

Reactions: PaulEden
If you have apple computer open (right click--choose "open with") dng pic with "Preview" then export to desk top as jpg

I am not sure if the ipad has a "Preview" program as doo their laptops and desk tops. It can't hurt to try. Even if you open with iphoto it should give you the option to export as jpg. Hope this helps

I am not sure if the ipad has a "Preview" program as doo their laptops and desk tops. It can't hurt to try. Even if you open with iphoto it should give you the option to export as jpg. Hope this helps

The Photos app will open DNG's and has been improved quite a bit. It has extensive editing capability now and is really useful.

As a photographer, I use Lightroom, it's the easiest for me.
$10 bucks month and you get Photoshop to.
It has a Yuneec's DNG camera profile.
I created a preset for the 24mm lens because of the len distorted images.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis