Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone Cooldown?

Reaction score
Hello, in a few days, I will be going on vacation and I might purchase more batteries for my Breeze 4k drone. I do have one question, though. Does the drone have to cooldown for a certain time when I switch batteries? I don't want to accidentally damage the motor.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Hello, in a few days, I will be going on vacation and I might purchase more batteries for my Breeze 4k drone. I do have one question, though. Does the drone have to cooldown for a certain time when I switch batteries? I don't want to accidentally damage the motor.

Thank you for your help in advance!
Most flights are fairly short, so a cool down is not required with any of these or their other products. On another note, if you are flying on a hot day and do several batteries in a row, it could not hurt to cool down for 15 minutes. Place your hand on the motor and this will give you an indication if you need to or not.

Most flights are fairly short, so a cool down is not required with any of these or their other products. On another note, if you are flying on a hot day and do several batteries in a row, it could not hurt to cool down for 15 minutes. Place your hand on the motor and this will give you an indication if you need to or not.
Ok, thank you for your help!

The electronics inside your Breeze might get rather hot in summer. You can sense it when you put your finger(s) in the batterycompartment.
On the other hand these electronic circuits are monitored and you will not be able to establish a wifi-link. The LED in the left front leg will stay red instead of changing to blinking white/cyan or green.

One thing to remember is that the batteries will come out very warm. They need to cool off before charging so they won't become an issue. Have enough so that one can be cooling, one charging and one in the machine. I have 4 for that very reason.

Reactions: Murray Martz
maybe add a thermoelectric cooler and an infrared thermometer to your gear....???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers