Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone crash insurance?

Reaction score
My H is on order from Amazon. I have an Amazon store card with zero interest for 12 months so that's why I went with them.

Are there any accidental damage to drone insurance options for me if I crash the drone?

Opps, I don't think AMA ins covers damage to the aircraft itself..Theft yes.. crash, no. Sorry, misunderstood. I read your post too fast.
I don t know if anyone will in sure the aircraft. I have commercial insurance but the fact is that most people would crash the drone in a short time. I think a company would be mad to actually insure against crashes.

DJI offers it if you buy from them. And I've seen online dealers offer it if you purchase from them. It's kind of like AppleCare for Apple products.

Was hoping I could get one for an Amazon purchase.

DJI offers it if you buy from them. And I've seen online dealers offer it if you purchase from them. It's kind of like AppleCare for Apple products.

Was hoping I could get one for an Amazon purchase.
Yes, but it does have limits. Unfortunately it doesn't extend to us in Australia.

Damages due to the following reasons are not covered by DJI Care:
1) Lost or partially lost aircraft and accessories.
2) Stolen or abandoned aircraft and accessories.
3) Damage caused by flight under unsuitable flight conditions.
4) Any repair fees resulting from or following water damage.
5) Repair fees for battery, propellers, remote controller or other accessories.

Has anyone actually tried.. Real insurance like through State Farm? I think I read where someone had done that for a fraction of the cost of "drone insurance." Worth a look if you are worried.

Has anyone actually tried.. Real insurance like through State Farm? I think I read where someone had done that for a fraction of the cost of "drone insurance." Worth a look if you are worried.
The insurance companies I have approached in Australia won't touch drones. We have to go through an aviation insurance company and they are expensive. Also they won't take on anyone that doesn't have a license to fly commercially and the point I got was we could only claim if we were obeying the rules. Make sense but rules say not to go within 30 metres of buildings etc. I guess if we hit something they could say we were flying too close and wouldn't be covered. The quote I got as a licensed pilot was far too much for an Inspire pro. It was well over a grand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis