Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone flying in restricted zones

Reaction score
Hi, soon and hopefully this autum there will be legal in Sweden (and EU? EASA | European Aviation Safety Agency) to fly drones, private or business, under 7 kilograms in "NFZ's" if we fly under 50m/164ft (10m/33ft in military NFZ's) and don't fly closer than 5km/3miles from any end of the runway. There will also be legal to momentarily fly higher than 122m/400ft when passing or taking photos/video of a high building, windmill or celltower. With "sufficient" light on the drone we can also fly in darkness.I This is good news for drone business...

Last edited:
Hi, soon and hopefully this autum there will be legal in Sweden (and EU? EASA | European Aviation Safety Agency) to fly drones, private or business, under 7 kilograms in "NFZ's" if we fly under 50m/164ft (10m/33ft in military NFZ's) and don't fly closer than 5km/3miles from any end of the runway. There will also be legal to momentarily fly higher than 122m/400ft when passing or taking photos/video of a high building, windmill or celltower. With "sufficient" light on the drone we can also fly in darkness.I This is good news for drone business...
That's interesting.
Some months ago I got wind of some changes to the laws. Indeed, I've seen evidence (a consultation document) of a future possibility of legally being able to fly BVLOS both recreationally and commercially...but only after the drone registration law comes into effect.

That's interesting.
Some months ago I got wind of some changes to the laws. Indeed, I've seen evidence (a consultation document) of a future possibility of legally being able to fly BVLOS both recreationally and commercially...but only after the drone registration law comes into effect.
Hi FlushVision, true but BVLOS for business purpose only, not recreationally, might be legal commercially later on. The police has it now. How about when you are leaving EU?

Last edited:
Hi FlushVision, true but BVLOS for business purpose only, not recreationally, might be legal commercially later on. The police has it now. How about when you are leaving EU?
I forget the details contained in that consultation document: it was a while ago since I saw it. But I seem to recall that a date in 2019 was mentioned. Keep in mind that the U.K. will no longer be a part of the EU by summer 2019. Whether that will have any impact I dunno. I suspect not. However, the Air Navigation Order 2016 (ANO) which is the primary document for all aviation regulations within the UK contains articles 94 and 95 which focuses on UAS operations aimed solely at UAS operations conducted in the U.K. so who knows? My recollection of that consultation document is that BVLOS was being considered for both recreational flyers and commercial operations, but it was so long ago since I saw it (and I've lost the link) that I could very easily be mistaken. And, of course not forgetting, it was only a consultation document I saw, so the final decision could very well be only in favour of commercial operations.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vbd777