Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone still in the box!

Are H plus batteries a weak link in the system? I'm nearly ready to fly [all studied up] and received today the DY5 dual batt charger I ordered. Plugged in both batteries for initial charge. One battery never began to charge so I unpacked and tried the standard charger that shipped with the aircraft. Immediate blinking BLUE light an\d tone meaning error. Lefty the otherone charging in the DY5. Bad news there too, if the red indicator for one of the cells doesn't go away. Looks like a trip back to point of sale before 1st flight.

Are H plus batteries a weak link in the system? I'm nearly ready to fly [all studied up] and received today the DY5 dual batt charger I ordered. Plugged in both batteries for initial charge. One battery never began to charge so I unpacked and tried the standard charger that shipped with the aircraft. Immediate blinking BLUE light an\d tone meaning error. Lefty the otherone charging in the DY5. Bad news there too, if the red indicator for one of the cells doesn't go away. Looks like a trip back to point of sale before 1st flight.
Ouch. That’s not what it’s supposed to be like. Can you measure the voltage per cell with a multimeter?

I've had one I received... took it out set it up on the dining room table, played w/the camera a bit... never done anything with it since.
I'm not sure if I'm into flying drones or not

I've had one I received... took it out set it up on the dining room table, played w/the camera a bit... never done anything with it since.
I'm not sure if I'm into flying drones or not
Read the manual. Try it out.......and you’re into it. That’s a fact.;)

There's no pressure to do anything with it. Take the time to read blogs, the manual, sample the You Tube videos and generally treat it as a research project until you feel ready and confident. I'm guessing that the people who rush into flying their new toys, often end up with expensive mishaps.

There's no pressure to do anything with it. Take the time to read blogs, the manual, sample the You Tube videos and generally treat it as a research project until you feel ready and confident. I'm guessing that the people who rush into flying their new toys, often end up with expensive mishaps.
I second the motion.

You could always by the Yuneec simulator stick, nothing to damage then!

Hi. Late bloomer newbie checking in, planning to fly for fun. Had to buy my H + from Big Box store as it seemed on long term backorder only at online vendors. Pretty concerned [but hopeful] about threads suggesting future product & parts support is weak. Time will tell, I guess. On You Tube and in the box the aircraft camera system looks fantastic. Good to meet you all.

Welcome!! Glad you joined us!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace