Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Dropped out of the sky

Reaction score
I was flying my drone over my local church trying to capture the sunset at the same time, as you do. As it was flying over the church it just decided to land itself and slip into emergency mode, an error on the screen said something to do with the rotary but I cannot remember the full error message. The drone landed on the church roof, lucky on a flat part but what I don't understand it way it decided to land itself? The battery was fully charged, it was connected and video was streaming to the remote and it was in my line of sight throughout. There was no objects near so it didn't hit anything. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but on my first attempt the camera didn't correct its positioning so it was slanted and the whole camera contraption was shaking, so I landed it, turned it off and back on and it worked fine. I was the flight after this when it landed on the roof. Luckily I have some long ladders so I was able to retrieve the drone.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar?

Sure. Could also be drone failure. It's possible it was mischief from someone else, too. I'm sure there are other possibilities as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis