Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E90 H.265 not playing

Reaction score
Hi,

Today I went out to try making some video's with my E90. I choose the H.265 because of the better compression. At home, I wanted to play the videos, but none of the players can play the files. I tried "films&TV", windowd media player, VLC and Leawo Blue Ray player (which should be a good one).

They open the files, but only an extreme jiggerish video come out.

Using a new Samsung Pro Plus 64 GB SD card. So that should not be the problem.

Any of you already had that problem?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Hi,

Today I went out to try making some video's with my E90. I choose the H.265 because of the better compression. At home, I wanted to play the videos, but none of the players can play the files. I tried "films&TV", windowd media player, VLC and Leawo Blue Ray player (which should be a good one).

They open the files, but only an extreme jiggerish video come out.

Using a new Samsung Pro Plus 64 GB SD card. So that should not be the problem.

Any of you already had that problem?

Thanks for your help!
A lot of the time if the video has artifacting or looks like jiggerish as you said, it is most likely your system can not handle the playback, especially if you shot in 4K. Try shooting in a low resolution to see if the video is viewable. If it is you know that your system is the problem.

A lot of the time if the video has artifacting or looks like jiggerish as you said, it is most likely your system can not handle the playback, especially if you shot in 4K. Try shooting in a low resolution to see if the video is viewable. If it is you know that your system is the problem.

Thanks. I tried it on a MS Surface Pro 4 with an Intel HD Iris 540 graphics card (Intel core i7, 16 gb RAM) if that helps.

UPDATE: seems that the graphics card performs VERY POORLY... :-(

Last edited:
Thanks. I tried it on a MS Surface Pro 4 with an Intel HD Iris 540 graphics card (Intel core i7, 16 gb RAM) if that helps.

UPDATE: seems that the graphics card performs VERY POORLY... :-(
That is always going to be a problem with tech. You either have a bottle neck with the CPU or the graphics card.

Have you done a recording at a lower resolution yet?

Reactions: aedronix
That is always going to be a problem with tech. You either have a bottle neck with the CPU or the graphics card.

Have you done a recording at a lower resolution yet?

h.264 at 60fps and 4K is OK. it seems to be the H.265 compression...

h.264 at 60fps and 4K is OK. it seems to be the H.265 compression...
You may need a codec installed for the h.265 to get proper playback.

edit: links with more info

From what the charts on the wiki show, the Iris 540 GPU should have hardware encode/decode of h.265 and may just need the free codec installed.

Last edited:
You may need a codec installed for the h.265 to get proper playback.

edit: links with more info

From what the charts on the wiki show, the Iris 540 GPU should have hardware encode/decode of h.265 and may just need the free codec installed.

sorry, was already installed, so it didn't solve the problem. I'll retry a new set of videos soon.

I tried a new microSD card Sandisk extreme plus 64 gb, but i doesn't resolve the problem. Also tried on a dedicated computer for 3D mappings and photogrammetry, so with an good processor, SSD and graphic card, but also over there the problem persists... both microSD cards should be perfectly fine...

Also tried, the player from WIN10, pot player, VLC, adobe première ... none work...

any other ideas?

Attachments

• MicrosoftTeams-image (2).png
    MicrosoftTeams-image (2).png
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (1).png
    MicrosoftTeams-image (1).png
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
problem "solved"... This is the answer from Yuneec:

"Hallo!

Leider funktioniert dieses Format zurzeit nicht. Wir arbeiten daran, können aber zurzeit nicht sagen, ob und wann wir hier eine Lösung finden.

Vielen Dank!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Ihr Yuneec Service Team"

NOT amused at all!!!

Translation to English:
Hello!

Unfortunately, this format does not currently work. We are working on it, but cannot say at the moment if and when we will find a solution.

Thank you so much!

Best regards,

Your Yuneec Service Team "

So you can select it, but it doesn’t work?

Ain‘t that just the cat’s meow!

@DoomMeister indeed... I reacted to Yuneec that I was really disappointed with that answer. Since then, no more reaction of Yuneec...
I agree with you. H.265 codec has been around for quite some time. I can’t understand what the problem could be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace