Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Error code

Reaction score
I got a used motor and ESC today. The guy gave me the ESC because he had not had the chance to test it. I got the new parts put on and hooked it up to my computer to reprogram the ESC. Once I did everything tested good. I ran the motors everything looked great. Then when I Unplugged the motor from the computer and turned the drone one after about 45 seconds it starts flashing red lights and giving a two long two short beep pattern. I’m almost certain I must have done something wrong when switching bodies over. I just have no idea where to look. All of my after pictures match all of my before pictures.

Sounds like you got a wire trapped and crushed between two body parts. Try putting it back on the gui and look for compass, gps, accelerometer type errors.

It's more likely the GPS wires. Compass is another strong candidate, with GUI and receiver wires adding to the possibilities. I've even managed to get ESC wires trapped, but they show up as motor failures during the testing he already did successfully.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Putting it back on the GUI there are no other errors. I took the body back apart and don’t see any wires pinched. I put the battery in with the top Half of the body plugged in but not screwed in and tried to turn it on. I’m still getting the same error code.

Ok I just found this wire. Not sure how I missed it. Do I need to cut an repair that? It’s testing good but that does go to the motor that I was having trouble with.

Attachments

• 40162E63-1BC1-403A-B4CD-864B203D93DF.jpeg
    40162E63-1BC1-403A-B4CD-864B203D93DF.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 11
I would certainly remove the insulation from each wire to see how much damage there is to the conductor.

I messed around and the orange wire is broken in two in one place. So I am going to cut the bad section out of all three of them and replace it with new wire tomorrow.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Well that did not work. I cut out the bad spots and replaced the wires it is still doing the same thing. I tried uploading a video but it will not let me.

I was able to FaceTime a yuneec technician today and he is pretty sure I need a new compass. So I ordered one. Hopefully I find out next week if that’s it.

I got the compass in today and got it put in real quick. I HAVE A FLYING DRONE!!! I am not sure why but it’s floating around a good bit. Looks like the Q500 body has very slightly different angles than the Q5004k body did. I’m not sure. I’ll see if I can get it trimmed steady tomorrow. Thank you everyone from the advice.

I assume you did a compass calibration with the new compass. Calibrating the accelerometer also may help with the drifting.
Pretty sure all the body angles are the same. I've mixed top and bottom shells between the various models and never noticed any differences.

I assume you did a compass calibration with the new compass. Calibrating the accelerometer also may help with the drifting.
Pretty sure all the body angles are the same. I've mixed top and bottom shells between the various models and never noticed any differences.
Um. I did not. I will try that before I do anything else. Glad I posted in here. Thank you for the tip.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval