Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ET10T

Reaction score
Does anyone have any thermal images from an ET10T 50° and ET10T 34° I could see and compare? I'm interested in the difference in quality between the thermal images, I'm about to order an ET10Tv but would like to see the lower resolution images before finally comitting to spend north of £6,000

Does anyone have any thermal images from an ET10T 50° and ET10T 34° I could see and compare? I'm interested in the difference in quality between the thermal images, I'm about to order an ET10Tv but would like to see the lower resolution images before finally comitting to spend north of £6,000
Hi Oscar, I don't have actual images between the E10T (320x256 res) and the E10Tv (640x512 res), but I did find this video on YouTube comparing the resolutions. They aren't the Yuneec branded thermal cameras, but they are comparing the two resolutions you are asking about. Plus, the Yuneec thermal cameras are made by FLIR so they are essentially what you are needing:
Additionally, here is a link to a comparison chart on the different resolutions offered by FLIR: https://www.instrumart.com/assets/IR-Resolution-Comparison-Chart.pdf

Thermal cameras aren't made by Flir. It is something that is not the first time that it is said and it is false. There are more manufacturers besides Flir.

Anyway, the examples looking at the resolutions would be valid, not only to the same resolution, but to the same lens as well. Otherwise it is not a valid example.

I'm not so sure aboout this... Flir do make Thermal Cameras About FLIR | FLIR Systems Having spoken to Yuneec Germany, they have said the ET10Tv is built around the Flir thermal imaging camera framework which is lecenced from Flir...

That's what they said about the last one, and it wasn't either too. It doesn't have to be Flir to be good, that's clear, but compare the E10T with a "Flir" and say that it is "similar" to a Flir that already has a reputation as the most used does not mean, neither that Yuneec mount their cameras with Flir entrails nor that their performance resembles those provided by certain models of Flir. There's the deception. Techniques that are totally reprehensible on the part of salesmen, who don't even know the characteristics of what they sell or how they work. Nothing new under the sun.

I don't remember the name of the manufacturer that provides to Yuneec, if you search a little in this forum it has already been commented.

And yes, of course Flir sells thermal cameras, many of us here have one ;)

they have said the ET10Tv is built around the Flir thermal imaging camera framework which is lecenced from Flir

ummmmmmmmmmmmm If this isn't proof of what I was just saying, I don't know what it's gonna be. That they have used a technique that Flir uses or has licensed to them to achieve better quality is equivalent to saying that inside it has Flir components, can not be a fraud or greater manipulation. Anyway here we have bad experiences already of what has said some technical service.........

Last edited:
I can tell everyone on good authority the Yuneec E10T and E10Tv thermal cameras have the thermal components and technology provided by FLIR. If they didn't, Yuneec would not be able to use FLIR's name and logo on marketing materials, like the attached. Notice the FLIR logo in the footer. They were handing these out at the 2019 Consumer Electronics Show. I know FLIR also provides some training to Yuneec staff on their technologies. Software connectivity and features connecting the camera to the H520 drone is Yuneec's, yes of course, but the thermal components are FLIR's.

Attachments

• Yuneec E10T Cut Sheet_v3.pdf
    770 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: RPR and 10-8
I can tell everyone on good authority the Yuneec E10T and E10Tv thermal cameras have the thermal components and technology provided by FLIR. If they didn't, Yuneec would not be able to use FLIR's name and logo on marketing materials, like the attached. Notice the FLIR logo in the footer. They were handing these out at the 2019 Consumer Electronics Show. I know FLIR also provides some training to Yuneec staff on their technologies. Software connectivity and features connecting the camera to the H520 drone is Yuneec's, yes of course, but the thermal components are FLIR's.

Exactly as I originally said...

Reactions: Panomapic
It is hard to guess otherwise as FLIR is a market leader for thermal sensors.

It even says at the top of their PDF "FLIR® THERMAL IMAGING AND LOW LIGHT CAMERA "

It can be any sensor from FLIR plus most of their other hardware or it can be just a Flir sensor and all other electronic inside ET10 has been designed by Yuneec or third party. If we can find in specs what exact Flir sensor they are using in et10 we can find out what Flir cameras it is used by Flir themselves.

For me it is enough that it is Flir 640 but missing Radiometric part is no so good. Considering that we are just hired parties to do a thermal imaging job for a client I believe we are better to use Radiometric cameras and let our client to extract all necessary temperature data directly from an image. Otherwise I guess we need to have some experience in this field.

It's basically the FLIR Boson, right? That's the guts of the thermal part, I think.

I called FLIR directly, and a rep confirmed that per the specs listed on vertigo drones E10Tv listing it must be a Boson sensor. ADDITIONALLY it is fully spec'd for Radiometrics in its current build state, BUT DO NOT confuse that with ready to upgrade. Radiometrics are and have been planned for this platform, with potential release in Q4 2019. Boson/E10Tv sold today will likely NOT be upgradable (certainly not with a simple firmware patch) due to rebuild cost concerns.

Attachments

• Boson datasheet, 102-2013-40, Rev 320.pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 4
Great news on Boson sensor, really great news on possible Radiometric version too! Hopefully they bring out the Radiometric model as indicated and it doesn’t fade into false hopes like many other Yuneec hopefuls!

Just waiting for a proposed release date!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
puputus