Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Extra Batteries

Scott, one thing I noticed, OEM battery was hot at the end of the hover test.

the Gifi batteries were not.

what does that tell?

I could easily build a battery, I needed one before the July 4rth holiday, so I ordered these.

If I had some extra cases ( that didnt cost $40 each) Id happily build myself a wonderful battery pack.
I could hack the drone to accept whatever, but I hate to do that at this juncture.

At this point these are going back to amazon, and Ill try some OEM batteries.

But if you recall, everyone told me me the OEM batteries would last twice as long as I am getting ( 9-10 minutes is what people are saying) I am getting 5 if lucky with the single OEM battery I have ( camera off)

is it possible that something is wrong with this drone that is eating batteries faster than normal?

very slight nicks on the props... seems fine otherwise..

What altitude are you flying at? When you install a fresh battery in the Breeze, what percentage is shown in Breeze Cam? If you have a multimeter, check the voltages of each cell after charging and see if all are at 4.20 VDC.

Do you happen to know what metal the battery tabs (leads) are of? Why would this be important? What ‘c’ rating would you use? Why would that be important? There are many questions you need to be aware of before you venture into building your own batteries. Just one more question, how would you measure the IR of each cell and why is that very important?

Look, no answers needed but you better be sure you know these answers before you start building a LiPo battery. I am assuming a LiPo battery because you know the advantages over other technologies.

I just cycled the GIFI batteries a couple of times each, and charged.

( breeze app showed 29-30% when I landed each time)

they are gaining time, up to about 3 minutes and 12 seconds now...

but still a LONG way from the 9 minute flight times people are talking about.

DoomMeister..
fresh out of the bird, 3.92 on all 3 cells.

fresh off of the charger

4.2, 4.2. 4.21
OEM battery 102 grams
GIFI supposed 1700 mAh 114 grams

so this aftermarket battery is heavier, and weaker than the OEM I think I see the issue.

OEM battery, ( in some slight rain)
took a few photos, hovered until I got bored 2 minutes, flew around the yard... took a few more photos

4:47

OEM battery, ( in some slight rain)
took a few photos, hovered until I got bored 2 minutes, flew around the yard... took a few more photos

4:47

Seeing a definite flight time deficiency. If you have new props put them on and see if your flight times improve considerably. If they don’t I would contact Yuneec Customer Support. My flight times average around 9 minutes starting at 100% and flying until I hit 30%.

I just tried both new GIFi batteries down to auto landing ( 5%)

5 minutes plus a few seconds

I guess Ill google how to swap props

the typhoon is easier in this regard haha

I installed brand new props

4:54 on the OEM battery... so even less ( wind or temp must be playing up here)

also opriginal props had (A) or (B) with a 25

replacement props from white box in kit, had A or B with a 15 on them?

any ideas?

maybe this one just eats batteries.

about 1400 feet ASL in my driveway , where I have been testing.

The numbers are the cavity number from the injection mold die. They are used in quality control to track problems with the die.

There is definitely a problem with the way this Breeze is eating power. Scott is near Denver, CO and gets better life than that from the stock batteries. That is about 3 times your altitude.

If you are still within your warranty period , you should get with Yuneec to obtain a repair/replacement.

I built a XT-60 to Yuneec converter plug so I can use a standard RC Battery.

The TATTU 1300mah 3s battery is only $14.99 on Amazon ... Great Battery 13 minute solid flight time ... fits in battery bay.

Amazon.com: TATTU 3S 11.1V 1300mAh 45C LiPo Battery Pack with XT60 Plug for Eachine Wizard X220 QAV250 QAV180 210 Vortex 285 Mini H FLIP FPV 250S Emax Nighthawk 250 ZMR 250 HOVERSHIP MHQ2: Gateway
Buy TATTU 3S 11.1V 1300mAh 45C LiPo Battery Pack with XT60 Plug for Eachine Wizard X220 QAV250 QAV180 210 Vortex 285 Mini H FLIP FPV 250S Emax Nighthawk 250 ZMR 250 HOVERSHIP MHQ2: Remote & App Controlled Vehicle Batteries - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases
www.amazon.com

Last edited:
I built a XT-60 to Yuneec converter plug so I can use a standard RC Battery.

The TATTU 1300mah 3s battery is only $14.99 on eBay ... Great Battery 13 minute solid flight time ... fits in battery bay.

You didn't include the flight time max from this combination.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis