Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First flight today!

Reaction score
Just picked up the Typhoon H last Thursday and finally got to take it out today. Man this is one great piece of kit. There are definitely a few quirks (gotta figure out if I can adjust the gimbal in-flight if the horizon is off like it was in the video I'm about to post), but I can very much see the potential uses of this thing.. Cable cam especially, is one fantastic option to use.

Very thrilled! Just gotta see how the vid really ends up looking in terms of sharpness, since there seem to be a lot of people having issues with it..

Hopefully the link will work! Did a very rough/quick grade in Adobe Premiere.. and forgot when swapping batteries that it resets to auto camera settings, so there's the crappy auto exposure steps.. but otherwise, movement is nice and smooth, and repeatable!

Instagram video by Jeremy Bernatchez • Jul 3, 2016 at 10:55pm UTC

Cheers all!

Thanks for posting nice vid

Just picked up the Typhoon H last Thursday and finally got to take it out today. Man this is one great piece of kit. There are definitely a few quirks (gotta figure out if I can adjust the gimbal in-flight if the horizon is off like it was in the video I'm about to post), but I can very much see the potential uses of this thing.. Cable cam especially, is one fantastic option to use.

Very thrilled! Just gotta see how the vid really ends up looking in terms of sharpness, since there seem to be a lot of people having issues with it..

Hopefully the link will work! Did a very rough/quick grade in Adobe Premiere.. and forgot when swapping batteries that it resets to auto camera settings, so there's the crappy auto exposure steps.. but otherwise, movement is nice and smooth, and repeatable!

Instagram video by Jeremy Bernatchez • Jul 3, 2016 at 10:55pm UTC

Cheers all!
A lot of the problems are guys who jumped off the Dji wagon and rushed their H into the air expecting instant flawless results,have been shocked that they have to read the instructions and learn a new flight system. Congrats on your H and happy flights

Reactions: Jeremy Bernatchez
A lot of the problems are guys who jumped off the Dji wagon and rushed their H into the air expecting instant flawless results,have been shocked that they have to read the instructions and learn a new flight system. Congrats on your H and happy flights

Yeah, the first night I had it I spent most of the evening reading the manual and learning the interface. Glad I took the time to go over everything, otherwise I'd have been confused as **** today!

Yeah, the first night I had it I spent most of the evening reading the manual and learning the interface. Glad I took the time to go over everything, otherwise I'd have been confused as **** today!
Good deal,your gonna be much more happier that you did. I have flown only Yuneec drones so it's painful to read on the forum all these problems that are being encountered. They really are quite simple if you take the time to read very carefully and not rush out and fly it. Congrats on your new H!

Good deal,your gonna be much more happier that you did. I have flown only Yuneec drones so it's painful to read on the forum all these problems that are being encountered. They really are quite simple if you take the time to read very carefully and not rush out and fly it. Congrats on your new H!

Totally, and I really like some of the options that they put in. Smart mode, for one is a great idea, in that you're basically always controlling it with relation to you. I can see that being handy when you might still see the drone but can't tell if it's facing front or back, and want to pilot it back to you.

Some very well thought out features! Now I just hope I can master all the options and learn some of the tweaks you can do.

That and find another battery charger because one charger and 4 batteries ain't going to cut it :p

Homboldt...no disrespect but what do you mean by
"A lot of the problems are guys who jumped off the Dji wagon and rushed their H into the air expecting instant flawless results,have been shocked that they have to read the instructions and learn a new flight system"

Having flown Phantoms for a while, I have been having problems with my H, and I don't see how much different flying the H can be. The H should hover in place and stick input should be the same.
up,down.left.right. Sort of like driving a car !
The controller interface is different, but no way should the H not fly smoothly.
Oh Yeah..Calibration is different, but anyone watch the video can figure it out.

Just Asking !

Totally, and I really like some of the options that they put in. Smart mode, for one is a great idea, in that you're basically always controlling it with relation to you. I can see that being handy when you might still see the drone but can't tell if it's facing front or back, and want to pilot it back to you.

Some very well thought out features! Now I just hope I can master all the options and learn some of the tweaks you can do.

That and find another battery charger because one charger and 4 batteries ain't going to cut it :p
I'm sorry, I should of phrased it different, The smart mode has gotten them in trouble. I've never flown A Dji but I hear they are extremely Easey to get up and going. A lot of guys on several forums have taken their H and expected it to be like the Phantom.

The charger adapter is coming,as long as the green arrow on the st16 screen is pointing straight forward your machine is heading your way. Try to learn how to fly in angle mode as soon as you can,I've never been a fan of headless mode.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval