Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flight testing a rebuilt Blade Chroma video shot with Yuneec Breeze

Reaction score
Just rebuilt one of my Blade Chroma quadcopters into a new body after discovering a crack on one of the arms. Took it up for 3 test flights today, without a camera, well over an hour in the air total....flying great. I put the Yuneec Breeze up in a hover and orbit to shoot some video while flying the Chroma.

So I liked what you indicated about the flight time >20 minutes / flight so I looked up some specs, which say 30 minutes flight time - then I wanted to see the price - and find it's not available any longer. Hummm... Not much good if you can't buy it. Looked at Hobby Horizons, Amazon, a few others - nothing. If this product was $200 - not more, I'd be real interested as the flight time is much better than the Breeze, but... if we can't get it, or it's discontinued (no support / parts available) and IF it was more than $200 (Breeze is $150 with batteries at $21 each) then not worth it to me. Neat video though.

I then looked at YouTube:

OK, so still neat video - glad you are flying your Breeze.

So I liked what you indicated about the flight time >20 minutes / flight so I looked up some specs, which say 30 minutes flight time - then I wanted to see the price - and find it's not available any longer. Hummm... Not much good if you can't buy it. Looked at Hobby Horizons, Amazon, a few others - nothing. If this product was $200 - not more, I'd be real interested as the flight time is much better than the Breeze, but... if we can't get it, or it's discontinued (no support / parts available) and IF it was more than $200 (Breeze is $150 with batteries at $21 each) then not worth it to me. Neat video though.

I then looked at YouTube:

OK, so still neat video - glad you are flying your Breeze.

You need to keep in mind the Blade Chroma quadcopters are 3+ years old at this point....a veritable time warp in technology by today’s standards. That being said, they sold a ton of them and they are really nifty machines.... basically the smaller cousin of the Yuneec Q500. Offered with several transmitter options and either a dedicated CGO gimbal/camera or a GoPro only gimbal. I put a “wanted” post on my local Craigslist and ended up with a nice Chroma haul of two with tons of spare parts. I’m having a great time with them.

If the Chroma can carry the iPhone, you can start the Breeze first with the iPhone,, fly the Breeze up 20-30ft away then set to follow me mode,,, velcro the iPhone to the Chroma,,,, start the Chroma,,,,, fly the Chroma and the Breeze will follow .....
RTH will bring back the Breeze when battery is low.

It was done with 3DR Solo.
BreezefollowsSolo.jpg BreezefollowsSolo0.jpg

Reactions: Elcoucho

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my