Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flying without camera

With a Typhoon Q500 4K it is. I've been flying mine without camera for the last month. I crashed hard and the camera is useless now. I bought a new Q500 4k, (I love them):) and since then I always fly my first drone without the camera just to play around. And the new one I use it when I feel like filming or something.

i was wondering the same thing....good to know as my camera and gimbal are in for service...

I just took out my camera too on a crash with landing gear up. What is the cost of the repair, and how long do you expect it will take to get back?

I just took out my camera too on a crash with landing gear up. What is the cost of the repair, and how long do you expect it will take to get back?[/QUOTE
mine got to yuneec on june2 and they haven't looked at it yet....i was told that alot came in before mine did...as for cost, once a tech looks at it they email or call you to let you know if its a repair or replace and if its covered under warranty...

which is the procedure to take off the complete camera/gymbal assembly? video tutorial appreciated

which is the procedure to take off the complete camera/gymbal assembly? video tutorial appreciated
Push up tab in front of the gymbal and slide it forward.

We have all flown W/O cameras for years.

H is a blast to fly without the camera being dragged around.
Turn off the GPS and have some real fun.
This was why I originally asked, camera removed and GPS off the H goes pretty **** fast I have found, I'm too scared to take my eyes off it to look at the speed on the controller though. Not what it is intended for but it's the only thing I have to fly at the moment.

Can you update the firmware for the H without a camera?

Or do you update with the camera and then remove?

I think that is right. I am looking now to see if I can update using the GUI I just thought someone may have tried that.
Too many toys not enough time! lol

I have one crashed, I fixed but the camera gimbal arm is done for.

Seems when switching away from auto mode and back it does not always start the green purple sequence and I flew into a tree. Lesson learned.

Don't know if that is a switch issue or software.

Can you update the firmware for the H without a camera?

Or do you update with the camera and then remove?

It would be difficult to update without the camera as this is where the SD card is inserted containing the update file. There should be no problem removing the camera once the update is done, this is a bit of an assumption as I haven't tried flying without the camera since updating but I can't see why yuneec would remove the ability to fly without the camera.

I only asked about the update because I had not had time to check the GUI which could possibly be a way to upgrade from the computer to the H.

I was hoping someone had actually done that or knows if it is possible instead of speculation.

I hope to check that myself tonight.

I know it will fly without the camera because I have done it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis